October 2, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Indulge in the delightful flavors of our ranch roll ups – a crowd-pleasing favorite! With a blend of cheese, zesty ranch, and colorful veggies, all wrapped in a soft tortilla, this recipe is a winner for all occasions.
Ranch Roll Ups Ingredients
These cream cheese pinwheels contain all the classic ingredients everyone loves in wraps.
They all work together to make this easy appetizer irresistible, giving it a crunch from the crisp veggies, a little bit of spice from the jalapenos, and plenty of flavors from the ranch seasoning.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup of finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- ½ cup of sliced green onions, green parts
- 1 cup of grated cheddar jack cheese
- 1-2 finely diced jalapeño, seeds, and core removed, about ¼ cup
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, room temperature
PRO TIP: Bringing the tortillas to room temperature before rolling them up will make them more pliable.
Substitutions and Additions
CREAM CHEESE: If you’re seeking a lighter option, you can use low-fat cream cheese without compromising on taste.
RANCH SEASONING MIX: Experiment with homemade ranch dressing mix for a personalized twist.
VEGGIES: Feel free to swap out bell peppers or green onions with your favorite veggies.
Spinach, celery, red onion, shredded carrots, cucumber, other bell pepper, or hot pepper varieties would all work in the ranch veggie pinwheels recipe.
CHEESE: Don’t hesitate to explore different cheese combinations – mozzarella and parmesan add a unique touch.
JALAPENO: Adjust the spiciness by using more or fewer jalapeño peppers, or skip them for a milder version.
TORTILLAS: Opt for spinach or whole wheat tortillas for added nutrition and a pop of color.
How To Make This Ranch Roll Ups Recipe
Once you whip up the flavorful filling, these roll ups will come together in no time. Just make sure to plan for some chill time before serving.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Cream cheese roll ups can be made up to a day in advance. Keep whole in the wrapped tortilla and wrapped in plastic wrap. Slice just before serving.
STEP ONE: In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix until well combined.
STEP TWO: Mix in the bell pepper, green onions, grated cheese, and jalapeño.
STEP THREE: Spread the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla and roll up tightly.
STEP FOUR: Wrap the roll-ups tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Chilling the tortilla roll-ups helps to firm the ingredients so that they stay intact when slicing.
STEP FIVE: Cut the tortillas into ½-¾-inch slices. Serve.
How To Serve
Make them the star of your picnic basket, along with our buffalo chicken pinwheels. They’re convenient and mess-free.
Set them out at game night for a crowd-pleasing snack, along with our ham and Swiss sliders, to keep everyone munching happily.
Pair them with crispy veggies, dip, or a side of salsa for a perfect match.
Whether you’re planning to make these ahead or have leftovers to preserve, here’s what you need to know:
MAKE AHEAD: These ranch roll ups are the perfect make-ahead appetizer. Prepare them a day in advance by rolling them up in plastic wrap and storing them in the fridge.
Slice just before serving for the freshest taste.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. They’ll stay fresh for two to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: While it’s not recommended to freeze the roll-ups, you can store the individual ingredients separately in the freezer. Thaw and assemble when needed.
Why We Love This Recipe
There are plenty of reasons to adore this appetizer recipe, including:
SIMPLICITY MEETS FLAVOR: We adore this recipe because it strikes the perfect balance between ease of preparation and incredible flavor. It’s a no-fuss appetizer that impresses every time.
CROWD PLEASER: The combination of creamy cream cheese, zesty ranch, and crunchy veggies is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. It’s a dish that appeals to all taste buds.
VISUAL APPEAL: The vibrant colors and spiral shape make these roll-ups visually stunning, adding to the overall dining experience.
Our cream cheese ranch roll ups are a testament to simplicity and flavor. Whether you’re planning a game night, an easy appetizer, or a family picnic, these roll-ups are simple to prepare and guaranteed to please. Their creamy, zesty goodness makes them a hit for all occasions, and you can even prepare them ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can experiment with veggies like spinach, shredded carrots, or cucumber for a personal touch in this easy recipe.
You can. Prepare them a day in advance, keeping them wrapped in the fridge until ready to slice and serve.
It’s not recommended to freeze the assembled roll-ups, but you can store the ingredients separately in the freezer.
Adjust the spiciness by using more or fewer jalapeño peppers according to your preference.
Homemade ranch seasoning can add a personalized twist to the flavor.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Turkey & Cheddar Crescent Roll Pinwheels
- White Chicken Lasagna
- Cheese Danish
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- White Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Garlic Knots from Crescent Rolls
Ranch Roll Ups
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions, green parts
- 1 cup grated cheddar jack cheese
- 1 to 2 finely diced jalapeño, seeds and core removed (about ¼ cup)
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, room temperature
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix until well combined.
- Mix in the bell pepper, green onions, grated cheese, and jalapeño.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla and roll up tightly.
- Wrap the roll-ups tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the tortillas into ½-¾-inch sections. Serve.
- Bringing the tortillas to room temperature before rolling them up will make them more pliable.
- Cream cheese roll ups can be made up to a day in advance. Keep whole in the wrapped tortilla and wrapped in plastic wrap. Slice just before serving.
- Chilling the tortilla roll-ups helps to firm the ingredients so that they stay intact when slicing.