Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
An easy homemade dessert you’ll love — this lemon poke cake recipe doesn’t disappoint. I’m a huge fan of old fashioned recipes — the kind that get passed down from grandma like this sweet treat. And this poke cake fits the bill. It’s absolutely the best and oh so yummy.
Lemon Poke Cake:
This easy poke cake takes only 10 minutes to prep and it bakes in half an hour, making it a great option for last-minute gatherings. Plus, it’s so simple, you could easily enlist little helpers.
Even though it doesn’t take long to make, it offers big, bold, incredible lemon flavor you’ll really enjoy. If you’re looking for another great dessert that complements this cake, try our oatmeal cake or our Hawaiian wedding cake.
Ingredients for Lemon Poke Cake
To make a lemon poke cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- yellow cake mix
- lemon pudding
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
I was able to grab all these items while shopping at Walmart. I love the convenience of buying everything at one store. And it doesn’t hurt being able to grab the cute new kitchen supplies as well. 🙂
How to Make Lemon Poke Cake
This comes together in only 10 minutes and bakes in just 30 minutes, then just a little chill time in the fridge.
Here’s what you’ll do…
Start by pouring the cake and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
Next up, add the water, oil and eggs — mix until it’s just combined.
Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
When the cake is finished baking, remove from the oven and let is cool slightly.
Poke 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a large, round spoon. Mix the lemon pudding, milk and powdered sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Then, pour half of the pudding mix over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes.
Continue mixing the remaining pudding until it thickens completely and then spread over the top of the cake.
Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours until completely set and chilled.
The sweet, lemony flavor is just divine. It’s easy to see why Ryan is so in love with this recipe and asks for it every year.
I hope you’ll try this lemon poke cake recipe soon — and love it as much as our family does!
More Dessert Recipes You Will Love:
- Monkey Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake
- Oreo Pie
- Lemon Lush
Lemon Poke Cake
For the cake:
- 1 box Great Value yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce box Great Value Lemon Pudding
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup Great Value vegetable oil
- 3 Great Value eggs
For the pudding topping:
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes lemon pudding
- 4 cups Great Value milk
- 4 cups Great Value powdered sugar
- Pour the cake and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, oil and eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When the cake is finished, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Poke 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a large round spoon.
- Mix the lemon pudding, milk and powdered sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Pour half of the pudding over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes.
- Mix the remaining pudding until it thickens completely then spread over the top of the cake. Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until completely set and chilled.