October 23, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- This Better Than Anything Cake is, well, better than anything!
- Better than Sex Dessert Recipe ingredients
- BTS Cake substitutions and additions
- How to make Better than Sex Cake
- How to serve this recipe for Better than Sex Cake
- Storing Better Than Anything Cake
- Better than Sex Dessert Recipe FAQs
- MORE RECIPES TO TRY
- JUMP TO RECIPE
This easy better than sex cake is one of my favorite desserts. We start with a simple chocolate cake and then use a wooden spoon to poke holes in it. Sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce are poured over the cake and then it’s topped with Cool Whip and crushed Heath bars before being served. It’s irresistible!
This Better Than Anything Cake is, well, better than anything!
This delectable cake is known by many names including Better Than Best Cake, Almost Better Than Sex Cake, Better Than Anything Cake or Better Than You Know What Cake. If you’ve heard of Sex in a Pan, this is it…or perhaps you know it as Robert Redford Cake or Better Than Robert Redford Cake.
No matter what it is called, the result is no ordinary chocolate cake. This is a moist, homemade better than sex cake that everyone will love. The rich, buttery caramel sauce adds to the moist texture of this confection. Then there’s the topping with whipping cream, more coffee AND heath bar pieces. Heavenly.
Better than Sex Dessert Recipe ingredients
You will need:
- Devil’s food chocolate boxed cake mix plus ingredients listed on the cake box
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- jar of caramel sauce
- 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 4 Heath candy bars
BTS Cake substitutions and additions
CAKE MIX: Try making this with a different type of chocolate cake mix such as German chocolate cake instead of devil’s food cake mix. Or, when you mix the cake, only use two eggs and add a half-cup of whiskey.
SAUCE: Substitute hot fudge topping for the caramel sauce.
TOPPINGS: There are lots of sweet nothings that can be added to top of the cake: chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Skor bars, Butterfingers, Snickers, Oreos, heath toffee bits.
WHIPPED CREAM: You can either use a whipped topping such as Cool Whip or make your own homemade fresh whipped cream using our recipe found here.
How to make Better than Sex Cake
STEP ONE: Bake cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake. When the cake is done baking, use the end handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake (just like we do in this recipe for Turtle poke cake, too!) (just like we do in this recipe for Turtle poke cake, too!).
PRO TIP: It’s best to make the holes in the cake while it is still slightly warm because as it cools, the crust on top of the cake will crumble more easily.
STEP TWO: Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
PRO TIP: When you’re pouring the cream into the holes, tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and make sure the cream fills the holes completely.
STEP THREE: Then pour caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out to cover the entire cake.
STEP FOUR: Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
STEP FIVE: Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
How to serve this recipe for Better than Sex Cake
Our better than sex cake is utterly decadent and is a perfect treat to serve for a special occasion or for no occasion at all. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for a truly indulgent dessert. Serve with our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or our southern strawberry sweet tea on the side to wash it all down.
Storing Better Than Anything Cake
IN THE FRIDGE: If have any leftovers of this cake, you’ll want to store it covered in plastic wrap in the fridge until you’re ready to serve again.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze this better than sex cake recipe. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and then cover with aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Allow the cake to thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Better than Sex Dessert Recipe FAQs
You can make this delicious cake a day ahead and then add Cool Whip when you’re ready to serve.
You can use whichever flavor of cake mix you prefer.
The end of a wooden spoon is the best size to poke holes in the cake.
It’s an easy cake which generally starts with a box mix that you poke holes into while it’s still hot after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or filling — like condensed milk, pureed fruit, chocolate cream, or pudding. It makes a moist and delicious cake.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
BTS Cake (Better than Sex Cake)
- Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on the cake box
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16- ounce jar caramel sauce
- 1 8- ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 4 Heath bars chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake.
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.