I think it’s always good to have ingredients on hand for a few easy dessert ideas and that’s especially true during the holidays. We’re all so busy anyways and then if a shopping trip lasts longer than anticipated and there isn’t time to prepare what you had planned, or unexpected company stops over, you’ll still have something to serve. This two ingredient Nutella Brownie recipe could go on your hostess life-saver list. If you want to fancy it up a little, dust it with confectioner’s sugar or even crush some of those ubiquitous holiday peppermint candy canes and sprinkle a few on top. Enjoy those merry moments!
2 INGREDIENT NUTELLA BROWNIES
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Fit parchment paper to the bottom of your pan, leaving an overhang on two sides so you have a sort of “sling” and then spray with nonstick spray.
2. Using the whisk attachment for your electric mixer, beat the eggs for 8 minutes on medium-high speed. The eggs should triple in size and be pale in color.
3. Microwave your Nutella in a small bowl on high, for 1 minute. Let it cool until the eggs are done mixing.
4. With your mixer on low speed, add the Nutella to the eggs and mix until just combined. You might need to stop and scrape the bowl a few times to fully mix in the Nutella.
5. Spread the mix into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely and then remove from pan using the parchment sling. Dust with confectioner’s sugar, if desired, and cut into squares.
7. This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Tip: If you want nicely cut brownies, use a plastic knife instead of a regular one. The brownies will not tear and you will have nice straight lines.
Check out more great brownie dessert ideas…