Apple Funnel Cake Rings with Homemade Caramel Sauce
I love to eat a good apple! When leaves wave their colors at the changing season, in my book it is time for apple pies, applesauce, and apple dumplings. I think I may have found a new recipe to add to my fall line-up: Apple Funnel Cake Rings with Homemade Caramel Sauce. Is your mouth watering? Mine is!
- Serve up a breakfast they will love with 10 Great Breakfast Recipes Featuring Apples.
- Add a festive flair to dinner time with this Feta, Apple, & Pecan Stuffed Chicken Breast dinner idea.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter in a double boiler. Add the brown sugar; stir for two minutes. Pour in the heavy cream, stirring for an additional two minutes.
2. Take off the top half of the double boiler and add the vanilla. Stir well to make sure that the vanilla is blended into the sauce.
3. Pour into a jar allowing to cool completely.
4. Store in the refrigerator.
APPLE FUNNEL CAKE RINGS
- 1 C Bisquick
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 Pink Lady, apples, pared and cored
1. Fill the deep fryer with fresh frying oil. Turn it on!
2. Add egg and whole milk in a bowl with the Bisquick. First, mix all of the ingredients together with a spoon.
3. Whisk to remove any lumps.
4.Test to see if oil is hot enough by dripping a few small drops of batter into it. After they sizzle and turn brown, your fryer is ready for the apple rings.
5. Put one apple ring in at a time, making sure each side is completely coated.
6. Drop one apple ring in at a time (our fryer will hold four rings at once). Watch carefully, when the battered apple ring begins to turn brown, flip it over to the other side with a fork. Continue to watch so they don’t burn.
7. Cover a baking sheet with paper towels.
8. When both sides of the cooked apple rings are done, remove them from the deep fryer and drain on paper towel-lined baking sheet.
9. Allow to cool enough to touch.
Get set for lots of fall baking with these great kitchen sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great recipe ideas featuring apples.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week