September 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These bright red Fireball jello shots are such a fun way to celebrate a special event. Sweet and flavorful with a bit of cinnamon spice, these drinks taste just like a candy-coated apple and will be a hit anytime you want to whip up a batch.
Fireball Jello Shots Ingredients
This Fireball jello shots recipe delivers a thrilling fusion of flavors.
Cherry-flavored jello combines with apple juice for fruity sweetness, while Fireball cinnamon whisky brings a bold and spicy kick.
Whipped topping adds creaminess, and cinnamon red-hot candies provide a crunchy, spicy finish.
- 1 (3-ounce) box of cherry-flavored jello
- 1 cup of boiling water
- ½ cup of apple juice (I used Juicy Juice brand)
- ¾ cup of Fireball cinnamon whisky
For The Garnish:
- Squirt whipped topping
- Cinnamon Imperials red-hot candies
If you can’t find the 2-ounce plastic shot glasses with lids, they may be labeled as condiment cups. These can be used interchangeably. You can use any shot cups you prefer but keep in mind that your servings may differ from this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
JELLO: You can substitute strawberry or black cherry jello, and these jello shots will still taste delicious.
You could even change it up and use orange jello for a different spin on the recipe.
APPLE JUICE: I suggest using regular apple juice for this Fireball cherry jello shots recipe rather than the freshly pressed kind.
The fresh-pressed, or cider, apple juices tend to have sediment that settles at the bottom of the bottles and needs to be shaken before drinking.
This makes the apple juices cloudy and can therefore make your Fireball jello shots look cloudy and not clear like this recipe.
FIREBALL CINNAMON WHISKY: If you prefer a milder or different flavor profile, consider using a different whiskey or liquor.
Options like bourbon or vanilla-flavored vodka can provide a distinct twist to your jello shots.
WHIPPED TOPPING: While squirt whipped topping adds creaminess, you can experiment with variations like flavored whipped creams or even a dollop of yogurt for a tangy contrast.
CINNAMON IMPERIALS RED-HOT CANDIES: If you’d like to explore alternative garnishes, crushed graham crackers or a sprinkle of cocoa powder can offer different textures and flavor profiles.
How To Make This Fireball Jello Shots Recipe
Let’s dive into making these fun bright red party treats.
This recipe can easily be doubled if you are serving them at a large party. Just remember to label them for the adults only and not the kiddos.
STEP ONE: Place 12 (2-ounce) plastic jello shot cups, without the lids, onto a medium-sized sheet tray.
Placing the small cups onto the sheet tray before filling will make it easier to transport them to the refrigerator to chill.
STEP TWO: In a large mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup with a pour spout, add the packet of cherry jello crystals and boiling water.
Whisk to dissolve the powdered cherry jello completely.
STEP THREE: Add the apple juice and Fireball cinnamon whiskey to the jello mixture and whisk for an additional 30 seconds to incorporate all the ingredients.
STEP FOUR: Pour the Fireball jello shot mixture evenly into the plastic jello shot cups. Refrigerate for four to six hours or up to overnight.
STEP FIVE: Once your Fireball jello shots have set up, you can garnish them with a squirt of whipped topping and a couple of cinnamon red hots candies.
How To Serve
Jello shots are always a welcome addition to a party. Serve these Fireball apple jello shots up when you have a group of friends coming to celebrate an occasion.
Let’s dive into some helpful storage tips and recommendations to ensure your Fireball jello shots stay in perfect form.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can use a cookie sheet or dishes to stack your Jello shot cups on while they’re chilling so that you can stack them in the fridge.
You can also store the plastic cups in airtight containers to keep them contained from toppling over. The shots will keep for up to three days in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: Because of the gelatin and alcohol, this jello shot recipe doesn’t tend to freeze very well.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can make these cinnamon Fireball shots up to three days ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator with the plastic lids that come with the package of plastic 2-ounce shot cups.
You can garnish them once you are ready to serve.
Why We Love This Recipe
FLAVOR FUSION: This recipe combines the sweet and fruity notes of cherry-flavored jello with the fiery warmth of Fireball cinnamon whiskey. The result is a sweet and spicy treat for adults.
EASY AND FUN TO MAKE: Crafting these shots is a breeze, making them perfect for parties and gatherings. The step-by-step instructions ensure even novice cooks can whip up a batch.
PERFECT FOR CELEBRATIONS: Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, holiday gathering, or a casual get-together with friends, these Fireball jello shots are a crowd-pleaser.
Jello shots are always a sure party favorite, and if you love the taste of Fireball whiskey, this shot is for you. Paired with red hot candy and the fiery cinnamon taste, these Fireball jello shots will be a hit any time of year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About four jello shots will equal one regular shot.
If you have any leftover jello shots, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week with their lids tightly on. You can make them three days ahead of your party before serving, but make sure you are storing the containers with the lids on.
No, I don’t find that jello shots freeze well because of the gelatin and alcohol. While you can pop in the freezer for a few minutes to help speed along the setting process, you shouldn’t store them in the freezer after they’re done.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Mimosa Float
- Screwdriver Drink
- Boozy Creamsicle Float
- Hard Lemonade
- Tequila Jello Shots
- Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
- Dole Whip Jello Shots
- Banana Split Jello Shots
- Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
- Cinnamon Roll Fireball Shot
- Strawberry Lemonade Jello Shots
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- Buttery Nipple Shot
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Fireball Whisky Popsicles
- Reese Cup Shots
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Fish Bowl Drink
Fireball Jello Shots
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup apple juice, I used Juicy Juice brand
- ¾ cup fireball cinnamon whiskey
- 3 ounces cherry-flavored jello
- Squirt whipped topping
- Cinnamon Imperials red-hot candies
- Place 12 (2-ounce) plastic jello shot cups, without the lids, onto a medium-sized sheet tray. Placing them onto the sheet tray before filling will make it easier to transport them to the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a pour spout, add the packet of cherry-flavored jello and boiling water. Whisk to dissolve the powdered cherry jello completely.
- Add the apple juice and Fireball cinnamon whiskey and whisk for an additional 30 seconds to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the Fireball jello shot mixture evenly into the plastic jello shot cups. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Once your Fireball jello shots have set up, you can garnish them with a squirt of whipped topping and a couple of cinnamon imperials red-hot candies.
- If you can’t find the 2-ounce plastic shot glasses with lids, they may be labeled as condiment cups. These can be used interchangeably. You can use any shot cups you prefer but keep in mind that your servings may differ from this recipe.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you are serving them at a large party. Just remember to label them for the adults only and not the kiddos.
- Placing the small cups onto the sheet tray before filling will make it easier to transport them to the refrigerator to chill.