Party Crafts and DIY
17 Awesome Ways to Ring in the New Year with Kids
A kid-friendly New Years Eve themed party is a super way to close out the holiday season. Whether you opt to add a little glam to the event or decide jammies are as formal as you want to go, youll find terrific ideas that will help you create an awesome party while you make fun memories. There are suggestions for planning the party, a party kit, surprise activity ideas, goodie bags, countdown banner, DIY hats, favors, poppers, noisemakers, wishing wands, fireworks for the fingers and in jars, plus balloon countdown activities. There are special treats too, including 10 kid-friendly party drink ideas, edible horns, sparkling push-up-pops, ball drop cupcakes and midnight kisses. Hey, it sounds like a party Happy New Year!
- Serve these 29 Cocktail and Mocktail Recipes for New Years Eve your guests will love.
- These New Year’s Eve Countdown Bag Ideas + Free Printables are so much fun.
1. Midnight Kisses :: Create.Craft.Love.
Add a free printable “midnight kisses” tag to a baggie of Hershey Kisses to make sure everyone gets kissed at midnight this year!
2. Games and Surprise Activity Ideas :: Craftibilities
Your kids will wish it was New Year’s Eve every night with all of these great activity ideas that help them countdown to midnight!
3. Countdown Goodie Bags :: Hoosier Homemade
Keeping kids entertained on New Year’s Eve will be easier with these fun bags filled with activities to do at the stroke of each hour. The clocks on the front convey the time that each bag should be opened!
4. Countdown Banner :: The Crafting Chicks
Download this free hourly countdown to the New Year banner and incorporate hourly activities to help keep the kids engaged while the clock ticks down to midnight!
5. Easy DIY Party Poppers for Kids :: From Project: Party Perfect, via Spaceships and Laser Beams
Made from recycled toilet paper rolls, these easy DIY party poppers are perfect for toddlers on up!
6. Paper Plate Shakers :: The Centsible Life
Use up those leftover holiday paper plates to create this fun New Year’s Eve paper plate shaker! A little paint and glitter plus chipboard numbers are a great plate makeover. Add some rice and you’ve got yourself a fun noisemaker for ringing in the new year.
7. New Years Eve Balloon Countdown Activities :: Inspired by Family Magazine
This balloon countdown activity is perfect for New Year’s Eve. Add activity ideas on slips of paper to helium balloons and pop according to the time on the clock printable (free download)! Kids will look forward to popping each balloon to reveal the next countdown activity!
8. New Years Wishing Wand :: Baby Centre
Craft up some excitement for the New Year with this art activity that will have your kids dreaming about their future! These New Year wishing wands require cardstock, scissors, pretty embellishments like glitter, sequins, ribbon, wrapping or tissue paper and contact paper.
9. Easy Fireworks Ring :: Fantastic Fun and Learning
Craft up some sparkly holiday jewelry to celebrate the new year in style! Tinsel stems are easily turned into celebratory fireworks rings!
10. Sparkling Jello Push-Up-Pops :: Modern Parents Messy Kids, Inspired by Perpetually Engaged
Make a non-alcoholic kid-friendly Jell-O “shot” using sparkling fruit juice, Jell-O and edible garnishes all served up in a push-up-pop!
11. 10 Fun Childrens Party Drinks :: Spaceships and Laser Beams
Kids at your New Year’s Eve celebration will love having a non-alcoholic way to toast at midnight with these fun party drinks! From fun lemonades and punches to color-changing and glow-in-the dark drinks to frozen hot chocolate, there is a great variety of ideas!
12. Fun Fizz New Years Eve Countdown Activity :: Inspired by Family Magazine
A classic baking soda and vinegar science experiment gets a New Year’s Eve twist in this fun and fizzy countdown activity, perfect for kids of all ages!
13. New Years Eve Ball-drop Cupcakes :: Confessions of a Cook Book Queen
Silver gumballs & sprinkles, a donut hole, melting chocolate + a sucker stick combine to create magic in this NYE ball-drop cupcake tutorial! So simple, yet so awesome!
14. Edible Horns :: Hungry Happenings
Bring out the kid in everyone by transforming store bought ice cream cones into brightly colored sugar cone party horns for this year’s New Year’s Eve celebrations! They look fun to make and eat!
15. Fireworks in a Jar :: I Can Teach My Child
Kids will explode with excitement over this noise-free firework alternative that only requires a few simple supplies you most likely already have in your cupboard: oil, water, and food coloring!
16. New Years Eve Party Kit :: Inchmark
Give a gift that will last from one year to the next by assembling New Year’s Eve party kits for friends and neighbors. Find out how to put together these fun kits consisting of a bottle of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider, party horns, noisemakers, balloons, poppers and confetti.
17. How-to-Plan a New Years Eve Party for Kids :: Spaceships and Laser Beams, via Kids Activities Blog
Gear up for New Year’s Eve with kids by jotting down some of these fun activity ideas, including a piñata, midnight confetti filled balloon pop, games and more!
Ring in the new year with these great party sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Silver New Year’s Eve Party Assortment
- Prismatic Happy New Year Streamer
- Neon Midnight New Year’s Eve Party Kit
- Fancy Fringed Party Blowers
- Happy New Year Headbands
- Photo Prop Glasses and Mustache on a Stick
- Gold Big Party Pack Dinner Plates
- Glittering Gold Beverage Napkins
- Unique Fringed Foil Party Hats
- Prismatic Party Horns
- Designer Paper Party Crowns
Don’t miss these great ideas for celebrating with your guests.
- 14 Cute New Year’s Eve Food Ideas
- 32 Free New Year’s Eve Printables
- Toddler Friendly New Year’s Eve Poppers
Plus, check out these 14 Cute New Year’s Eve Food Ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week