Ugly Sweater Party
Are you looking for a fresh holiday party theme? Boys and girls (of all ages!) will have fun with this Ugly Sweater Party idea. Kara Woolery, of Lillian Hope Designs, pulled together a festive dessert table that features pleasing traditional red and green decorations, but challenges guests to “get your ugly on”. Kara is offering her free printables so you can get your own tacky on! Full disclosure: I think that tiny sweater table garland is adorable! Heather Renee Photography captured it all.
- You do not want to miss these 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas.
- Check out these Christmas Planning Pages to help keep your holidays on tract.
A snowy white cloth is the foundation for sparkling red and green trees and treats. The two white cake pedestals Kara stacked in the center of the display remind me of a tree, too. The top layer is filled with Christmas-color candy, while the bottom tier offers cupcakes with mounds of frosting. The cute medallion toppers are part of Kara’s free printable collection.
Look at these mini works of art! The darling edible sugar cookie sweaters by Sugar Coma Cookies are perfect for this table and I especially like the way Kara used mini-clothes pins and baker’s twine to show them off.
Tree-shaped candy dishes and themed plates are easy ways to add to the presentation and party atmosphere.
Kara’s frameable prints speak volumes!
A secondary buffet allows guests to move freely around the party space. Ginger snaps, Moroccan cookies, and chocolate truffles are among the enticing desserts in this additional collection of sweets. The busy patterned banner—another take-off on ugly sweaters—adds to party merriment.
A galvanized metal, triple-tiered stand is a great way to display paraphernalia for a hot cocoa bar. Lots of marshmallows will earn you extra points.
If you’re fortunate to have a statement fireplace, a garland strung with season’s greetings is a terrific way to decorate. Baker’s twine and mini-pins hold the card collection and small pieces of black duct tape secure the garland. Guests who have sent cards will be pleased to see you cared enough to include them in your holiday celebration. Once the word is out, maybe you’ll get more cards next year!
Guests in their tackiest best will be happy to be photographed so remember to gather a few silly props for a photo booth. And notice the simple backdrop: wrapping paper with images of sweaters.
A light-hearted Ugly Sweater Party theme is a sure way to start an animated holiday celebration, so go ahead…dress down and party on!
Check out Kara’s original post for free printables and additional party details.
Get ready for the holidays with these kitchen essentials that are perfect for a full house gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Don’t miss more of these great party ideas perfect for the holidays.
- A Grinch Inspired Christmas Party
- Snowflakes and Stockings Christmas Party
- Santa’s Workshop Kids’ Christmas Party
Plus, check out 10 Christmas Party Food Ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week