Pinocchio Themed First Birthday
Leo is one lucky little boy! His Pinocchio themed first birthday party is a wish that came true! Lettuce & Co. styled this darling event based on the classic wooden toy Pinocchio that both adults and kids recognize and love. All inspiration for the party comes directly from Pinocchio. The party is cohesive and celebrates all aspects of the little wooden boy’s story. The tale is made modern by a minimalist approach, using items inspired from the book and movie. The colors used are white, red, blue, and yellow — all originating with Pinocchio himself!
- Don’t miss out on the Top 40 Books to Read With Kids this Year.
- Find your next favorite book series with the 20 Best Loved Children’s Book Characters.
The decorations start on simple, bare wood. Treats are housed in clear, glass containers. I love the use of wooden slabs to display the cookie treats on! Beverages were served in classic glass bottles with personalized labels. The striped straws offer a beautiful pop of color.
I love the custom signs as well that tie back to both Pinocchio and Leo. They are also a great way to have a keepsake to treasure forever! Favors are presented in unique paper bags that look just like Pinocchio’s outfit! The bags contain healthy treats and craft items for guests to enjoy later. The red, metal birdcage is also a great touch — simple, yet effective in reminding us of the theme. Little touches like quotes from the story add special touches for guests to enjoy. Custom paper goods including invitations, food labels and bottle tags come from Lori at Lajari.
The food for this party keeps with the theme — simple, bright colors in simple dishes with great taste! There are bright red apples for a sweet crunch.
Guests can also enjoy a number of cupcakes including moist banana and fresh coconut, all topped with the classic little hat.
Then, there are mouth watering mini vanilla cheesecakes and caramel tartlets with chocolate ganache.
But the real stars of the food are the “Pinocopops” which are delicious cake pops decorated to look like Pinocchio himself.
Finally, the cake! It’s a white chocolate mud cake with real raspberries. The bright colors on each tier are perfect with the theme. Pinocchio sits on top! I love how detailed his little wooden joints are! Every detail of this party is beautiful! Everyone worked together to create a classic, yet modern first birthday party. I’m sure the memories are completely priceless!
Help them find a new favorite book with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Llama Llama Sand and Sun
- On My Beach (Felt Finger Puppet Board Books)
- Splish, Splash, Baby! (Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Books)
- Can You Say It, Too? Arf! Arf!
- Hide and Seek Harry at the Beach
- Mix It Up!
- A Perfectly Messed-Up Story
- Stick and Stone
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild (Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards (Awards))
- The Day the Crayons Quit
- Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Life
- The 39-Story Treehouse (The Treehouse Books)
- The Notebook of Doom #6: Pop of the Bumpy Mummy (A Branches Book)
- My Weirdest School #1: Mr. Cooper Is Super!
- The Chicken Squad: The First Misadventure
- Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures
- Counting by 7s
- Timmy Failure: Now Look What You’ve Done
- The Tapper Twins Go to War (With Each Other)
- The Year of Billy Miller
Be sure to check out more parties inspired by their favorite books…
- A Boy’s Very Hungry Caterpillar 2nd Birthday
- Go, Dog, Go! Book-Themed Boy’s Birthday Party
- If you Give a Dog a Donut Puppy Birthday Party
Plus, don’t miss 19 Children’s Storybook Party Ideas…
- Event Concept Design & Styling – Lettuce & Co
- Photography – Willem Dirk Du Toit – Lettuce & Co
- Sweets & Cake Pops – Sweet Empire
- Cake & Cookies – Cakes & Biscuits by Lisa
- Stationery & Printables – Lajari
- Vendor thanks to the Little Big Company for a selection of party ware (little glass jars, white paper lolly bags, glass milk bottles & paper straws)
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week