May 12, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This Korean beef recipe is so simple and appetizing and features a tender beef bursting with flavor that tastes just like Koren BBQ. With just a handful of ingredients needed and five-step instructions, you won’t believe how quick and easy it can be to make this delicious recipe and get it on the dinner table.
Korean Beef Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon of ginger paste
- ½ cup of soy sauce, light
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, finely sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds, optional garnish
- 2 cups of cooked white rice, for serving
Substitutions And Additions
TOPPINGS: A couple of optional toppings include sprinkling the beef with a few toasted sesame seeds or finely sliced green onions as a garnish.
RICE: This great recipe is best served over rice. Any type of white or brown rice would work!
GARLIC & GINGER PASTE: You can substitute fresh garlic cloves or fresh ginger for the paste. The paste tends to dissolve really easily, so it blends well with the other ingredients.
MEAT: Any ground meat would work in this recipe, change it up and try ground pork, ground turkey, or ground chicken.
How To Make This Korean Beef Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. You can either prep all of the ingredients and store them in the fridge in separate containers to make later in the week, or you can make the recipe and freeze it for later.
STEP ONE: In a large skillet, brown ground beef and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink and is cooked through.
If you are planning to serve this over rice, start cooking the rice before you start browning the beef because this recipe cooks very fast.
STEP TWO: Add the garlic paste to the skillet and brown for an additional minute.
STEP THREE: Add ginger paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the skillet. Sauté until the sauce is bubbly and the cooked beef is evenly seasoned with the sauce.
STEP FOUR: Garnish with additional green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
STEP FIVE: Serve the beef mixture immediately over rice.
How To Serve
There are plenty of ideas to serve this simple recipe. The classic option would be over hot rice (white rice or jasmine rice would be perfect) or even cauliflower rice. Add green beans or a salad on the side, and you are all set. You could also create Korean beef bowls with other vegetables along with the beef. Or, you could serve the beef in lettuce wraps.
Can’t get enough Asian flavors and cuisine in your life? Neither can we. Here are a few more easy recipes that we recommend you try out. Our Mongolian beef, chicken lo mein, Asian chicken lettuce wrap, or honey garlic chicken are all easy meals that will definitely hit the spot.
MORE BEEF RECIPES
Storing This Korean Ground Beef
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover Korean ground beef in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Leftover beef also makes a great freezer item. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator before reheating and serving over rice.
This dish is as easy as mixing up ground beef with sauce and spices to give it an irresistible flavor, then serving it over a steaming bowl of white rice. This Korean beef recipe is the perfect dinner item for busy weeknights and will instantly become a family favorite.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy dinner recipe has several options. You can use the beef for rice bowls or serve it on top of lettuce leaves.
Olive oil or vegetable oil will work fine in place of sesame oil in this recipe.
Noodles would be an excellent option in place of rice for this recipe. Try rice noodles or lo mein noodles for two great options.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Sesame Chicken
- Thai Noodles
- Burrito Bowl
- Beef and Broccoli
- Spanish Rice
- Yum Yum Sauce
- The Best Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ cup soy sauce, light
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil until meat is no longer pink and is cooked through.
- Add garlic paste to the skillet and brown for an additional minute.
- Add ginger paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the skillet. Saute until sauce is bubbly and meat is evenly seasoned with the sauce.
- Garnish with additional green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- If you are planning to serve this over rice, start cooking the rice before you start browning the beef because this recipe cooks very fast.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. You can either prep all of the ingredients and store them in the fridge in separate containers to make later in the week, or you can make the recipe and freeze it for later.
SO delicious and easy – lots of flavors and a great busy weeknight dinner option. Way better than takeout!
Amanda B says
So yummy! & crazy easy to throw together. Deff recommend making these into lettuce wraps or even tossing some shredded carrots into the sauce when adding to the meat. Or even some steamed broccoli. Thank you for these amazing dishes!
Delicious quick and easy
Dont forget that it needs oyster sauce for greater depth of flavor. And top it with a little sesame oil! Yum!