November 18, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This crockpot lasagna is the ultimate comfort food to keep you cozy when it is cold outside. Meaty sausage, tender pasta, and plenty of melted cheese bubbling away in a delicious pasta sauce is the perfect way to come home after a busy day.
You can’t go wrong with the classic flavors of lasagna. Whether it is homemade or store-bought, I think it is one of the most delicious meals of all time. Try our lasagna roll-ups and lasagna soup for other ideas.
Crockpot Lasagna Ingredients
You will need:
- 750 grams (1.7 pounds) of ground Italian sausage
- 7 cups of pasta sauce
- 750 grams (1.7 pounds) of four cheese ravioli (uncooked)
- 5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
For both the Italian sausage and pasta sauce, you can choose the level of spice that you enjoy.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
MEAT: There are many choices for the meat in this easy lasagna recipe. Depending on your personal preference, you could replace the sausage with ground beef, ground pork, or ground turkey.
SAUCE: Mix in a bit of alfredo sauce to make the sauce even creamier. We also have a homemade marinara sauce that would be a delicious alternative to store-bought tomato sauce. Stir in mushrooms or spinach for another boost of vegetables.
CHEESE: For extra flavors, add ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, or cream cheese between the layers.
FRESH VS FROZEN: Substitute the frozen ravioli for fresh ravioli.
How to Make This Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
You don’t need to cook the ravioli before adding it to the slow cooker.
STEP ONE: In a large skillet, cook and crumble the ground sausage. Set it aside.
You can cook the sausage the night before and keep it in a Ziploc bag in the fridge, ready to add to the crockpot.
STEP TWO: Spray the insert of an 8-quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP THREE: Pour half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
STEP FOUR: On top of the sauce, add half of the ravioli.
If any of your frozen ravioli are sticking together, microwave them for 10 to 15 seconds so that you can pull them apart.
STEP FIVE: Top the ravioli with half of the cooked sausage.
STEP SIX: Top the cooked sausage with half of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
STEP SEVEN: Then repeat layers once more, starting with pasta sauce and ending with mozzarella.
STEP EIGHT: Cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 3.5 hours). Once done, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
How to Serve
Serve the best crockpot lasagna hot out of the slow cooker with our pull-apart garlic bread and a simple homemade caesar salad on the side. Sprinkle extra parmesan or Reggiano cheese on top for an even more cheesy flavor.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store the leftovers of this crockpot lasagna with ravioli in the fridge in a sealed food storage container for 3 to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this easy crockpot lasagna casserole in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Coming home to a crockpot simmering away is one of my favorite things. It means dinner is ready so that I can focus on other things during the infamous witching hour. I love making lasagna, but it can be a time-consuming process. This slow cooker lasagna recipe has the same rich and hearty flavors as traditional lasagna and takes a fraction of the time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For this easy crockpot lasagna recipe, you do not need to cook the ravioli first. Just layer the frozen pasta in the crockpot, and it will do the cooking for you.
This hearty lasagna recipe will take you either 2 hours on the high setting or 3.5 hours on the low setting.
Make sure to spray the bottom of the crockpot (or crockpot liner) with a non-stick cooking spray or grease the crockpot with olive oil before adding your ingredients.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Crack Chicken
- Crockpot Baked Ziti
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs
- Parmesan Pork Chops
- Skillet Lasagna
- Lemon Lasagna
- Busy Day Soup
- Italian Sausage Pasta
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- 750 grams ground Italian sausage (1.7 pounds)
- 7 cups pasta sauce
- 750 grams four cheese ravioli uncooked (1.7 pounds)
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the ground sausage. Set it aside.
- Spray the insert of an 8-quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
- On top of the sauce, add half of the ravioli.
- Top the ravioli with half of the cooked sausage.
- Top the cooked sausage with half of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Then repeat layers once more, starting with pasta sauce and ending with mozzarella.
- Cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 3.5 hours). Once done, sprinkle with fresh parsley.