If you love a good pasta recipe, this easy, cheesy baked spaghetti will be a sure winner for your family dinner. A twist on a classic, you only need spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese to get started.
Baked Spaghetti Recipe:
This simple, hearty, homemade baked spaghetti is one of my favorite things to serve because of how easy it is to make from scratch.
You can use my homemade tomato sauce recipe or a jar of your favorite pasta sauce. I also often puree additional veggies to pop into the spaghetti sauce (or substitute zucchini noodles). It adds flavor and nutritional benefits! You can even add extra cheese if you’d like.
This baked spaghetti recipe also makes a lovely presentation, so it’s a great option to serve your dinner guests as well.
Ingredients for Baked Spaghetti
- spaghetti sauce
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Be sure to start preheating while you’re prepping the rest of the dish.
Cook your meatballs in a frying pan according to package directions and boil your spaghetti to el dente, according to package directions.
Drain the spaghetti and place back in the pot.
If you’re adding zucchini, you can spiralize it now too and toss it in the mix now.
Stir in the spaghetti sauce and season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Then pour the spaghetti into your casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
How Long to Bake
Cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley over top and serve.
What to Serve with this Dish
If you’re looking for a simple, quick meal that everyone will enjoy, I suggest you try this baked spaghetti soon — you’ll be glad you did.
More Easy Pasta Recipes You Will Love
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 box cooked spaghetti
- 1 jar tomato spaghetti sauce
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized *** OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add box of spaghetti. Cook for 7-8 minutes and remove from heat and strain noodles.
- ***Spiralize your zucchini with a spiralizer if using***
- While noodles are cooking, thaw meatballs. Strain the sauce from the meatballs and discard.
- ***Add in the zucchini and toss to mix***
- Pour noodles, sauce and thawed meatballs into a big bowl and toss together.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly on top.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and serve.