October 18, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Indulge in the delectable goodness of air fryer honey garlic chicken—a mouthwatering fusion of sweet and savory flavors. These sticky, crispy wings are perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a game day party.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Ingredients
Chicken wings take the spotlight, offering juicy bites with a crispy exterior that’s perfect for absorbing the luscious honey garlic sauce.
The honey garlic seasoning blend, a delightful fusion of sweet and savory, deepens the dish’s flavor profile.
The minced garlic, honey, and soy sauce all contribute to the sauce that coats the wings, giving them the perfect balance.
- 1 (1.5 to 2-pound) package of chicken wings, cut into drumettes and wingettes, with the tip removed
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter, divided into 1 tablespoon and 4 tablespoons
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey garlic seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Chopped green onions, optional garnish
- Sesame seeds, optional garnish
Substitutions and Additions
CHICKEN WINGS: If you prefer boneless options, chicken tenders can be a great substitute. For a plant-based alternative, consider using cauliflower florets for a delicious vegan version.
SALTED BUTTER: To cater to dietary needs, replace with plant-based butter or olive oil.
HONEY GARLIC SEASONING BLEND: Experiment with different seasoning blends like barbecue, Cajun, or lemon pepper for diverse flavor profiles in this easy air fryer chicken recipe.
MINCED GARLIC: If fresh garlic is unavailable, garlic powder offers convenience without compromising on flavor.
HONEY: To make the dish vegan, substitute honey with maple syrup or agave nectar.
SOY SAUCE: Choose tamari or coconut aminos for a gluten-free alternative. Experiment with teriyaki sauce for an extra twist.
How To Make This Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Coat these tasty wings in the spice mix, making sure they are well seasoned.
Once ready, pop them in the air fryer and follow our instructions below for the cooking time and temperature.
While they are cooking, you can make the sticky sauce to coat the wings once they are finished cooking.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure to check your air fryer manual for cooking time guidelines for your specific model, as times and temperatures vary depending on the type of air fryer you have.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and dry the wing pieces well with a paper towel.
You can also bake the wings in the oven at 400°F for 25-30 minutes.
STEP TWO: Toss the wings with one tablespoon of melted butter and then rub the honey garlic seasoning blend all over the chicken wings.
If you are using your hands to coat the wings, I recommend wearing disposable gloves while handling the raw meat.
STEP THREE: Place the wings in an even, single layer in the preheated air fryer and cook for 7-9 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
You may need to cook them in batches, so you don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
STEP FOUR: While the wings are cooking, melt the remaining salted butter in a medium-sized saucepan.
STEP FIVE: Add the minced garlic and saute in the hot butter until fragrant, about 1 minute.
STEP SIX: Stir in the honey and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
STEP SEVEN: Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thick and syrup-like.
STEP EIGHT: When the wings have cooked, toss or dip them in the sauce until well coated.
STEP NINE: Return to the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until sticky and slightly charred.
STEP TEN: Serve hot, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, optional.
How To Serve
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
Prepare ahead and store your air fryer honey chicken wings for future enjoyment.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare the honey garlic sauce in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, warm the sauce and toss it with freshly air-fried wings.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover cooked chicken wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat them in the air fryer or oven for crispy deliciousness.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze, place cooled wings in a freezer-safe bag or container. They’ll stay good for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as instructed.
REHEATING: For best results, reheat wings in the air fryer or oven at 350°F until they’re heated through and crispy once again.
Why We Love This Recipe
Indulge in the delightful reasons why air fryer honey garlic chicken wings have captured our hearts:
IRRESISTIBLE SWEET AND SAVORY BLEND: The combination of honey and garlic creates a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds, leaving you craving more.
CROWD-PLEASER: Whether you’re hosting a party, enjoying a cozy night in, or need a quick meal, these saucy wings fit any occasion.
Air fryer honey chicken wings effortlessly combine the sweet allure of honey with the savory kick of garlic. From casual gatherings to busy weeknights, this recipe offers a delectable addition to any menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s recommended to thaw and dry the wings before cooking to ensure they cook evenly and achieve the desired crispiness.
Feel free to adjust the amount of honey to your preference, creating a sweeter or more balanced flavor.
While boneless chicken can be used, keep an eye on cooking times as they may vary from the recipe.
If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a bit more soy sauce or a splash of chicken broth to achieve your desired consistency.
While marinating can enhance flavor, the sauce’s thickness may hinder the air fryer’s cooking process. It’s recommended to coat the cooked wings in the sauce instead.
You can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the honey garlic seasoning blend for a touch of heat.
Follow the same steps, but adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly—around 400°F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Paprika Chicken
- Fried Cheese Balls
- Pull Apart Pigs in a Blanket
- Air Fryer Pizzas
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1.5 to 2 pounds chicken wings, cut into drumettes and wingettes with the tip removed
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey garlic seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Chopped green onions, optional garnish
- Sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and dry the wing pieces well with a paper towel.
- Toss the wings with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and then rub the honey garlic seasoning blend all over the chicken wings.
- Place the wings in an even layer in the air fryer and cook for 7 to 9 minutes per side or until they reach 165°F internally. You may need to cook them in batches, so you don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
- While the wings are cooking, melt the remaining salted butter in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the minced garlic and saute in the hot butter until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the honey and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and syrup-like.
- When the wings have cooked, toss or dip them in the sauce until well coated.
- Return to the air fryer for 1 to 2 minutes or until sticky and slightly charred.
- Serve hot, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, optional.
- Make sure to check your air fryer manual for cooking time guidelines for your specific model, as times and temperatures vary depending on the type of air fryer you have.
- You can also bake the wings in the oven at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- If you are using your hands to coat the wings, I recommend wearing disposable gloves while handling the raw meat.