November 16, 2021Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- These ideas for Homemade Christmas Ornaments will inspire you and your kids to create decorations you'll cherish for years.
- 1. Peppermint Candy Christmas Ornaments
- 2. Cookie Cutter Ornaments
- 3. Jersey Pom Pom Ornament
- 4. Recycled Key Snowman Ornaments
- 5. Cork Snowman Ornament
- 6. Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments
- 7. Upgrade a Plain Glass Ornament
- 8. Homemade Beaded Christmas Tree Ornaments for Kids
- 9. Salt Dough Hand Print Ornament
- 10. Reindeer Ornament
- 11. Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments
- 12. DIY Tissue Paper Flower Ornaments
- 13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments
- Spend some family time this holiday season with these great craft resources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams...
- Create more holiday fun these great ideas.
- Plus, check out 12 Christmas Ornaments Made from Lego...
- You'll love these 11 DIY Chrismtas Crafts for Kids...
These ideas for Homemade Christmas Ornaments will inspire you and your kids to create decorations you’ll cherish for years.
Do you have your Christmas tree up yet? We usually start decorating right after Thanksgiving! I love unpacking my decorations; invariably I spend a great deal of time reminiscing about where they came from or who gave them to me.
The homemade ornaments are especially dear. My grandma used to make a big deal out of the handmade decorations I made for her, which made me feel like a big deal!
- Take a peek at these 7 Free Printable Christmas Games for Your Holiday Party.
- Get creative with these Christmas Ornaments made with LEGOs.
This baker’s dozen of ornament ideas includes: Peppermint Candy Ornaments, Cookie Cutter Ornaments, Jersey Pom Pom, Recycled Key Snowman, Cork Snowman, Reindeer Thumbprint, Plain Glass Upgrade, Homemade Beaded Christmas Tree, Salt Dough Hand Print, Reindeer, DIY Christmas Ornament Craft. The Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments will make your house smell delicious!
And if your little boy wants to make something nontraditional, check out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments: he will love you for it!
1. Peppermint Candy Christmas Ornaments
From Hello Homebody Inspired by American Girl magazine
One of my favorite flavors to savor during the holidays is peppermint, so when I saw these Peppermint Christmas Ornaments I just about jumped out of my seat. An easy DIY ornament, they just scream Christmas and I can only imagine how beautiful they would look hanging on the Christmas tree. All you have to do is melt some spare peppermint candies in fun Christmas shapes using metal cookie cutters! Be sure to save some candies for yourself too.
2. Cookie Cutter Ornaments
From Martha Stewart
Aluminum cookie cutters are super easy to find around Christmas time. You can buy them in big bundles at Target, Walmart, and nearly any dollar store around! After making your Christmas cookies this year, use the cookie cutters to make these beautiful cookie cutter ornaments. Use them as a frame to display festive holiday scrapbook paper, favorite family photos, or even children’s artwork. They would be great for personalized gifting as well!
3. Jersey Pom Pom Ornament
From Skip to my Lou
Everyone has a collection of old raggedy t-shirts saved up at home. Now you can put them to good used with this wonderful tutorial for handmade jersey pom pom Christmas ornaments! These ornaments look great on the tree and make the perfect Christmas craft project for kids of all ages. It would be so fun to fill a mini tree with all pom pom ornaments. This project is fun. easy, and best of all budget friendly.
4. Recycled Key Snowman Ornaments
From Crafts by Amanda
All those extra keys you have lying around now have a purpose. Instead of adding them to our growing landfills, turn them into festive snowman ornaments to keep or give as gifts! Simply paint the discarded keys all white and then add fun and festive decorations like pom-pom and pipe cleaner earmuffs, fabric scraps or yarn scarves, pink paint cheeks and a beaded string to hang on the Christmas tree.
5. Cork Snowman Ornament
This tiny little cork snowman ornament only requires four simple supplies, but adds the perfect amount of festiveness to a Christmas tree or holiday package. All you need is a recycled cork, some basic craft paint, a picture hanger from the hardware store and a length of twine or ribbon. A few crafty touches and you will have created this adorable Christmas ornament! I also think it would be beautiful to use as a gift tag on Christmas presents.
6. Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments
From The Happy Housewife, Made by Little Bit Funky
Take your regular ball ornaments to a whole other level with this fantastic tutorial for Raindeer Thumbprint Ornaments! A little craft paint, ball ornaments, a permanent marker and some tiny thumbs are all you need to help children make a keepsake ornament for recipients to enjoy for years to come. Any grandparent, teacher, or family friend would love being gifted this ornament around the holidays.
7. Upgrade a Plain Glass Ornament
From Country Living
8. Homemade Beaded Christmas Tree Ornaments for Kids
From True Aim
Help your little ones develop their fine motor skills and practice hand eye coordination with this fun and beautiful Christmas craft from True Aim. Dip into your craft cupboard to use up old beads, stringing them onto crafting wire to create a spiral Christmas tree ornament! Bonus—it only requires beads, wire and some ribbon or string from which to hang the final product!
9. Salt Dough Hand Print Ornament
From By Stephanie Lynn Submitted by Kellie from Nest of Posies
Handprint crafts are always our go-to near the holidays because they are fun to create and make the perfect thoughtful gifts for grandparents and other family members. Use a few common kitchen ingredients to help your children freeze their handprints in time with these sentimental salt dough hand print ornaments! A simple recipe and an hour of low temperature oven baking will result in cherished memories for a lifetime.
10. Reindeer Ornament
From Grade Onederful
I fell in love with these super sweet Rudolf the red nosed reindeer Christmas ornaments the moment I laid eyes on them. They are super simple to create, even with younger children, and look so festive hanging on the Christmas tree. Clear glass ornaments get a reindeer makeover with the help of chenille stem antlers, acrylic paint eyes and nose and a brown paper shred center!
11. Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments
From Katy Elliott
Let your kids bake up a little love for your Christmas tree in the form of these cinnamon applesauce heart ornaments. Not only do they look cute, they smell great too! Head to the kitchen to make a big batch of the dough, cut them out with heart-shaped cookie cutters, and press holes into them just after baking. The next day loop a string through each of the holes to hang on the tree, string together to make a garland.
12. DIY Tissue Paper Flower Ornaments
From 1800 Flowers
Grab some tissue paper from the store and let your kids create a magical ornament that will make your treat look amazing!
13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments
From Addled Adventures
Add a little cowabunga to your tree this year with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas ornaments! My son would absolutely love making these to decorate our tree, and I’m sure any little boy around the world would feel the same way. All you need to make them are some green glass ball ornaments, the appropriate colors of felt, and some fun googly eyes.
Spend some family time this holiday season with these great craft resources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams…
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Beaded Holiday Charm Bracelet Craft Kits
- Snowman Photo Frame Magnet Craft Kit
- Decorate Your Own Holiday Ornament Crafting Kit
- Button Wreath Ornament Craft Kit
- Legend of The Gingerbread Man Ornament Craft Kit
- Beaded Candy Cane Ornament Craft Kit
Create more holiday fun these great ideas.
- 15 DIY Advent Calendars
- 11 Awesome Homemade Gifts You and Your Kids Can Make
- 20 Hacks for Holiday Entertaining
- Easy Christmas Ornaments