February 19, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- Let's talk storage ideas for kids toys!
- 1. DIY Peek-a-Boo Toy Sack
- 2. DIY Stuffed Animal Swing
- 3. Hanging Planter Toy Storage
- 4. Outdoor Toy Organization
- 5. DIY Matchbox Car Garage
- 6. DIY Side Storage Bookshelf
- 7. DIY Rolling Under Bed Storage Carts
- 8. Under Bed Train Table
- 9. DIY Wagon Bookshelf
- 10. Cardboard Box Turned Storage Bin DIY
- Organize your own kids' toys with these great storage ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams...
- Check out these great ideas for more ways to keep your home organized...
- Also, check out 15 Extremely Clever Outdoor Toy Storage Ideas...
Let’s talk storage ideas for kids toys!
Is it just me or does it sometimes feel like your house is being overrun by toys? I’ve been thinking that there has to be a better way to keep toys organized and out of the way than what we currently have at our house. Maybe you can benefit from my research. 🙂
I have put together this list of clever toy storage ideas such as a DIY peek-a-boo toy sack, a DIY stuffed animal swing, hanging planter toy storage, a clever way to organize outside toys and a DIY wagon book shelf.
Some of my favorites include a DIY toy storage bin, a DIY matchbox car garage, a DIY side storage book shelf, a rolling under bed storage cart, and an oh-so-cute under the bed play table. Organization is a beautiful thing!
- If you also have an abundance of outdoor toys, you MUST to also check out these super smart outdoor toy storage ideas.
- Keep all those bricks in place and not underfoot with these 10 ideas for DIY Lego tables with storage.
1. DIY Peek-a-Boo Toy Sack
From Make it Perfect
This toy storage idea is perfect for the person who likes to sew! DIY your own peek-a-boo toy sacks from your fabric stash.
These sacks are fully lined and feature a peek-a-boo PVC window for easily identifying what is stored in each sack. The sacks cinch closed to help control the toy clutter.
2. DIY Stuffed Animal Swing
From It’s Always Autumn
If you are trying to come up with a clever toy storage idea for the stuffed animal collection at your home, this DIY stuffed animal swing is an inexpensive hanging storage solution.
The assembly is simple enough that children can help, and it can be finished in an hour or two. You’ll just need a few simple supplies: hobby wood in specific dimensions, hooks, clothesline or rope, a drill and wood glue.
3. Hanging Planter Toy Storage
From Better Homes and Gardens, Via Censational Girl
Bring in a little garden charm to your home toy storage!
Using metal hanging planter baskets to help house toys and books is a creative storage solution. Mount them low enough for the children to easily reach and return toys.
4. Outdoor Toy Organization
From Domestic Charm, inspired by Random Thoughts of a Super Mom
Toys always seem to find their way outside, don’t they? And let’s face it, some toys like bubbles and chalk are meant for outside use.
This outdoor toy organization idea helps to store those toys in a manageable and attractive way.
Using a metal shelving unit and metal buckets, outdoor toys are sorted into various categories such as: water toys, sand toys, chalk and bubbles, balls, bug toys, etc.… Vinyl labels help to identify the contents of each metal bucket.
5. DIY Matchbox Car Garage
From A Lo and Behold Life, inspired by PJ Toy Car
Get those toy cars off the floor and on display in this DIY Matchbox car garage!
This genius idea is made from repurposed shoe racks that are painted and mounted on the wall.
6. DIY Side Storage Bookshelf
From On the Banks of Squaw Creek
Add instant book storage to an existing dresser with the use of IKEA spice racks.
This DIY side storage bookshelf idea is pretty easy to do with a little paint or stain to match your existing dresser, a level, tape measure, wood screws and drill/drill bits.
You’ll be amazed at how many books you can store by attaching these spice racks to each side of a dresser.
7. DIY Rolling Under Bed Storage Carts
From Jenna Burger Design
Use the space under your children’s beds for toy storage! You can create these DIY rolling under bed storage carts for less than $10 apiece.
They are pretty and functional and only require some wood, plywood, wood nails, rolling wheels, paint, chalk paint, and rope.
8. Under Bed Train Table
From Little Bits of Home
If you like the convenience of a play table, but like putting the table away when not in use, consider an under bed train table. Simply push it under the bed, similar to a trundle bed, when not in use!
9. DIY Wagon Bookshelf
From Petite Literary
Would you believe the idea for this DIY wagon bookshelf came from a $4 wagon purchased at a garage sale? It did! An old red wagon is the base for this eye-catching book storage solution.
10. Cardboard Box Turned Storage Bin DIY
From 2 Little Faces
Not only does this DIY toy storage bin save you from toy clutter, it can help save the environment by repurposing empty diaper boxes.
A few simple cuts and a little time spent wrapping the boxes in contact paper or gift wrap, and you have stylish toy storage.
Organize your own kids’ toys with these great storage ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams…
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Toy Play Mat – Perfect for LEGOs
- Rolling DrawerOrganizer
- Tot Tutors Ultimate Toy Organizer
- Craft Center Organizer
Check out these great ideas for more ways to keep your home organized…
- 16 Ways to Display Kids’ School Art Projects
- 20 Play Room Organization Favorite Products and Pins
- 15 Ways to Create a Command Center