21 Halloween Party Games, Ideas & Activities
Are you throwing a Halloween party this year? You are! Good. Well then, you’ll need some themed activities, decorations, kids’ party food ideas and an awesome list of Halloween party games to play, right? You’ll find the game ideas right here! How about fun games you can play at home or on a budget like Pop the Pumpkin, Witch’s Hat Toss, Newspaper Eating Monster, Pumpkin Tic-Tac-Toe, or Pumpkin Golf? Get everyone up and moving with party activities like Halloween Bowling, Spider Web Walk, Giant Bubbles or Ghost Toss. A Halloween game of Cornhole is always fun, and grab the blindfold for Pin-the-Nose on the Monster! There are coloring pages, activity mazes, word search sheets and photo booth props. We’ve featured all these fun Halloween Party Games and Activities, and more, in this round up. Bonus: you can easily make most of the games yourself. Nothing spooky about that!
- These 14 Halloween Mason Jar Crafts are a must-see for awesome unconventional Halloween crafts.
- 14 Halloween Handprint and Footprint Crafts are perfect for making fun Halloween memories.
We’ve searched Pinterest to provide a list of games that appeal to all ages — from toddlers to tweens to teens to college students to the elderly. We’ve also ensured they work for a large group or school class parties, as they can be played both indoors or outdoors at home OR in a classroom or gym at school. They are perfect for those who don’t have a huge budget for supplies or prizes — as they can be made with everyday items like boxes, buckets, tissue paper, toilet paper, marshmallows, balloons, candy and apples.
1. Poke A Pumpkin :: Project Denneler
Orange cups, napkins and rubber bands hide tricks AND treats in this fun game that puts a new spin on treasure hunting.
2. Pop Goes The Pumpkin :: Martha Stewart
You don’t have to buy your fun when you can make it! Confetti and candy filled balloons start the party off with a bang! Great for older kids up to 10 to 12 years old.
3. Witches Hat Toss :: Sometimes Creative
Such a great game to play! The carnival favorite game of ring-toss is given a twist by using themed hats.
4. Newspaper Eating Monster Toss :: House of Baby Piranha
Here’s another fun and easy toss game. A couple of simple embellishments + a bucket = squeals of delight when you call it “feeding a monster.” Great game for preschool (pre-k) children as young as three years old, kindergarden, grade one and grade two.
5. Spider Web Walking Halloween Game :: No Time For Flash Cards
This game gives “searching the web” new meaning! It actually requires balance and problem solving, with a few spiders thrown in for excitement.
6. DIY Monster Bubbles :: Project: Party Perfect via Spaceships and Laser Beams
Are they monsters or disappearing ghosts? Whatever you call them, chasing bubbles is fun for kids of all ages!
7. Autumn Fun Tic-Tac-Toe Table :: It’s Overflowing
Washi tape and miniature pumpkins give this classic a seasonal update.
8. Printable pin the nose on the Monster :: Spaceships and Laser Beams
Wearing a blindfold and trying to pin-the nose creates the best kind of suspense. Kids love playing this perennial favorite.
9. Halloween Can Game :: Keeping it Simple
Dress up a few empty tin cans as Halloween characters and you’ve got a great knock ‘em down game. Kids as old as 10-12 years will enjoy this activity.
10. Pumpkin Bowling :: I Dig Pinterest
Starring Toilet Paper as Ghost and Pumpkin as the Ball, this uncomplicated game can entertain little ones for ages.
11. Pumpkin Pickin’ :: HGTV
Another punch hole idea, but this version can be reloaded with prizes to keep the fun going. Kids as old as 4th or 5th graders will enjoy it!
12. Cornhole Halloween Game for Kids :: Crafts Unleashed by Consumer Crafts
Step one: make spiders as a craft activity. Step two: spiders scurry to hide in dark holes, with a little help from your kids.
13. Pumpkin Golf :: Growing a Jeweled Rose
Ever made a hole-in-one? Bet you (and the kids!) could do it with this game.
14. Ghost Toss :: Mess for Less
Flour-filled, orange balloons make super toss-it’s to throw at a Halloween ghost.
15. Halloween Party Photo Props plus Free Printables :: No Biggie
Who’s the fairest of them all? Everyone gets in on the fun posing with free photo props.
16. Bobbing for Apples :: List Plan It
All the excitement of bobbing without any of the water mess.
17. Witch Pitch :: Chica and Jo
Candy corn and cauldrons make perfect game partners!
18. Halloween Bucket Game :: Gets Bored Easily
Maybe you’d like to add this toss game to your bucket list?
19. 3 Free Printable Halloween Games :: Card Store Studio
Themed BINGO, a word search and a pin-the-nose game are here for your printing pleasure.
20. Witch Hat Ring Toss :: Wine and Glue
Here’s another seasonal ring toss game, this time featuring a purchased witch hat and cardboard rings.
21. Disney Villains Bowling Pins :: Spoonful by Disney Family
Knock down the villains with a magic ball…or simply use them as party décor.
Planning a Halloween party but don’t want to make the games yourself? Buy these Halloween party games and activities, hand-picked by the Spaceships and Laser Beams Crew, will add just the right amount of spooky for ghosts and goblins of all ages.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Inflatable Spider Ring Toss Game
- Spot it! Halloween Card Game
- Foam Halloween Masks – 12pk
- PIN the SPIDER on the WEB/HALLOWEEN Party GAME
- Inflatable WITCH Hat HALLOWEEN Ring Toss PARTY Game
- Halloween Dart Board Game
- Make A Pumpkin Stickers (1 DOZEN) – BULK
- Beistle Jack-O-Lantern Fortune Wheel Game, 9-Inch by 7-1/2-Inch
- Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Board Game
- Jack O Lantern Bean Bag Toss
- Halloween Bean Bag Toss
Add a hand-made, DIY touch to your festivities this year with these great Halloween Party ideas.
- Free Printable Halloween Favor Tags
- Unique Ways to Hand Out Halloween Treats
- 9 Creepy Halloween Party Treats
Plus, don’t miss these 14 Spooky DIY Halloween Projects and Crafts…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week