Retro Pistachio Cool Whip Salad
With all this great summer weather we’re having, we have regularly been getting together with friends for cook-outs and picnics. I love it! Squealing kids cavort under the shade trees, giving the adults opportunity for conversation without too many interruptions. Everybody brings a dish or two to share so the onus of fixing for a group is no big deal. Good friends, good food, laughter and summer—does it get any better than this?
- You do not want to miss out on these Cream Cheese Bacon Bombs.
- Cool off this summer with 21 Frozen Treats Perfect for Summer.
One of the dishes I like to take is a crowd pleaser and it is super easy to make: Pistachio Salad.
It’s shown up at quite a few family get-togethers lately too, since it is a favorite of my boys.
This is a recipe I got from my grandma, my Nannie. She is a very good cook but sometimes she pulls out something quick and easy to make. This salad is that.
My dad always laughs and says it is really more like a dessert but he doesn’t feel guilty eating it since it’s called a salad. And he always asks for seconds!
So if you have family reunions this summer or friendly get togethers in your future, remember this sweet and easy salad idea. It’ll only take you moments to prepare, it looks pretty, it transports easily and it’s delicious!
- 2 small boxes of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- chopped pistachios and maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix pineapple and pudding mix until mix has completely dissolved and the pineapple is thick.
- Stir in coconut and whipped topping.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with chopped pistachios and cherries.
Create an amazing dessert with help from these great baking ideas gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great summer recipes:
- Salmon Foil Packet with Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Sandwich Bar Menu
- The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Don’t miss Pina Colada Sorbet Recipe…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Layne is a boy mom in love. Surrounded by three adventurous little men and her ever patient husband, she's in pursuit of an empty laundry basket, the perfect cup of coffee, and sleep. She blogs, parents, and manages social media while wearing her tiara. You can join her party at My Best Laid Plans and Coupons with Q.