Coca-Cola Chicken Drumsticks
Nothing says summer to me like sticky & sweet chicken and a can of Coke, so I thought I’d combine those summer classics for a delicious baked Coca-Cola Chicken recipe that is easier than take-out!
- Try something new for dinner with this Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken everyone will love.
- Short on time? Make this Easy Teriyaki Chicken & & Rice for a quick dinner idea.
This Coca-Cola chicken is a fun twist on sweet and sour chicken, with a sticky sweet and salty marinade that adds a great punch of flavor without additional breading or too much effort. Chicken recipes are one of my favorites to develop because it is such an easy and versatile protein.
These Coke chicken drumsticks would be perfect for a big barbecue or family-style party, and you could even cook an entire chicken this way for a fun family dinner!
While I’ve given baking instructions for this Coca-Cola Chicken recipe, you can alternatively grill it on the barbecue or cook in a frying pan or skillet. Either way, ensure that the chicken registers 165F on a meat thermometer before digging in!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can Coke
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken legs or wings
- Green onion, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the brown sugar, coke, onion, garlic and soy sauce in a small saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar is fully dissolved and then take saucepan off the heat.
- Adjust with salt and pepper before pouring the sticky marinade over 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings or legs.
- For best results, let the chicken sit in the fridge overnight with the Coca-cola marinade before cooking.
- Bake the chicken in the oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and a meat thermometer registers at 165F
Cook up a delicious dinner with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
For more chicken dinner ideas, check out these great recipes…
Plus, don’t miss this Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken recipe…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week