Candy Corn Cracker Toffee
Cracker Toffee is my go-to homemade gift when we’re attending a little get-together or a party. Everyone gets so excited to see it, yet it’s so incredibly easy to make. For our fall get-togethers I’ve prepped a batch of Candy Corn Cracker Toffee for a fun twist on the classic!
This Candy Corn Cracker toffee is sweet and crunchy, with a smooth white chocolate coating and a sprinkle of those quintessential fall candies providing a chewy contrast. The whole recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes and then it just sets up in the fridge as you get ready for your Halloween party (or just get into some cozy pyjamas if you’re making this as a late night treat).
I tried a few different methods of achieving a white topping for this cracker toffee and it involves a slightly different process than my usual cracker toffee recipe. Instead of adding white chocolate chips overtop of the toffee and then placing it in the oven to melt, I used white chocolate melts and placed the tray in the microwave for 45 seconds. The white chocolate chips burnt too quickly in the oven, and so did the candy melts I tried to achieve a candy-corn colour pattern with, too!
What is your go-to fall dessert for parties?
- 12 Saltine crackers (enough to cover the bottom of your chosen pan)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- 1/4 cup Candy Corn
- Orange and Yellow sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and melt.
- Avoid the urge to stir it too much, as that can separate the caramel.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray and cover the bottom with saltine crackers (or Ritz crackers - my favourite!)
- Bring the caramel to 250F if you have a candy thermometer, or to about this colour - it should be a consistent texture with no standing butter.
- Pour the caramel over the crackers and spread to the edges with an offset spatula.
- Place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes until the caramel has formed a hard candy with the crackers.
- Sprinkle enough white candy melts or chocolate chips over the toffee to cover it completely, and then melt in the microwave in 30-45 second bursts. Spread with an offset spatula to cover.
- Sprinkle yellow and orange sprinkles over the melted chocolate while it is still wet and then add on the candy corn.
- Place the whole thing in the fridge and allow to set at least one hour.
And then the fun part – crack your cracker toffee into serving sized pieces (we all get to decide what our own serving size is – I won’t judge!) and serve!
Check out these other great Halloween themed recipes here….
Mini Monster Rolls from Play Party Plan
Pumpkin Patch Brownies from Mom Endeavors
Pumpkin Marshmallow Popcorn Balls from See Vanessa Craft
Fall Pretzel Candy from A Night Owl Blog
Halloween Snack Mix from Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons
Candy “Bloody” Slides from Ashlee Marie
Spooky Sugar Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
Mummy Rice Krispy Treats from Two Twenty One
Spiderweb Cookie Pizzas from Happiness is Homemade
Mummy Pizza Bites from Printable Crush
Halloween Drink from The Idea Room
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week