Party Crafts and DIY
13 Homemade Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
Do you have your Christmas tree up yet? We usually start decorating right after Thanksgiving! I love unpacking my decorations; invariably I spend a great deal of time reminiscing about where they came from or who gave them to me. The homemade ornaments are especially dear. My grandma used to make a big deal out of the handmade decorations I made for her, which made me feel like a big deal! I hope these great ideas for Homemade Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make will inspire you and your kids to take time to create decorations to give and keep. It’s a wonderful way to make someone feel like a big deal!
- Kids will love creating these 10 Fall Themed Crafts for Kids.
- Keep little ones busy with these 11 Awesome Crafts Boys Will Love.
This bakers dozen of ornament ideas includes: Peppermint Candy Ornaments, Cookie Cutter Ornaments, Jersey Pom Pom, Recycled Key Snowman, Cork Snowman, Reindeer Thumbprint, Plain Glass Upgrade, Homemade Beaded Christmas Tree, Salt Dough Hand Print, Reindeer, DIY Christmas Ornament Craft. The Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments will make your house smell delicious! And if your little boy wants to make something nontraditional, check out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments: he’ll love you for it!
1. Peppermint Candy Christmas Ornaments :: Hello Homebody, Inspired by American Girl magazine
An easy DIY ornament, this peppermint candy Christmas ornament just screams Christmas! Melt peppermint candies in fun Christmas shapes using metal cookie cutters!
2. Cookie Cutter Ornaments :: Martha Stewart
Use up scraps of festive holiday scrapbook paper or feature favorite family photos by attaching them to metal cookie cutters and stringing them for your tree!
3. Jersey Pom Pom Ornament :: Skip to my Lou, Submitted by Melissa of I Still Love You Inspired by Martha Stewart
Upcycle old t-shirts and let your kids turn them into beautiful jersey pom pom ornaments! They’re fun, easy and best of all, cheap!
4. Recycled Key Snowman Ornaments :: Crafts by Amanda
All those extra keys you have lying around now have a purpose! Turn them into these adorable snowman ornaments to keep or give as gifts!
5. Cork Snowman Ornament :: Seven Thirty Three, Submitted by Heather from Twin Dragonfly Designs
This tiny little cork snowman ornament only requires 4 supplies (cork, paint, picture hanger & twine), but adds the perfect amount of festiveness to a Christmas tree or holiday package.
6. Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments :: The Happy Housewife, Made by Little Bit Funky
A little craft paint, ball ornaments, a permanent marker and some tiny thumbs are all you need to help children make a keepsake reindeer thumbprint ornament for recipients to enjoy for years to come!
7. Upgrade a Plain Glass Ornament :: Country Living
Plain glass ornaments be gone! There are so many simple ways to upgrade these ornaments by filing them with small candies or embellishments. Peacock feathers, faux snow and miniature trees are just a few ways to turn plain into precious!
8. Homemade Beaded Christmas Tree Ornaments for Kids :: True Aim
This homemade beaded Christmas tree ornament is the perfect choice for children to work on fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Bonus—it only requires beads, wire and some ribbon or string from which to hang the final product!
9. Salt Dough Hand Print Ornament :: By Stephanie Lynn, Submitted by Kellie from Nest of Posies
Using common kitchen ingredients help children freeze their handprints in time with these sentimental salt dough hand print ornaments. A simple recipe and an hour of low temperature oven baking will result in cherished memories for a lifetime.
10. Reindeer Ornament :: Little Wonders Days
Clear glass ornaments get a reindeer makeover with the help of chenille stem antlers, acrylic paint eyes and nose and a brown paper shred center!
11. Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments :: Katy Elliott
Let your kids bake up a little love for your tree in the form of these cinnamon applesauce heart ornaments. Not only do they look cute, they smell great too!
12. DIY Photo Ornament Craft :: Celebrations
Grab a photo ornament from the craft store and let your kids give it a personalized makeover using some of their favorite family photos!
13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas Ornaments :: Addled Adventures
Add a little cowabunga to your tree this year with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas ornaments made from green ball ornaments, felt and googly eyes!
Spend some family time this holiday season with these great craft resources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams…
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Beaded Holiday Charm Bracelet Craft Kits
- Snowman Photo Frame Magnet Craft Kit
- Decorate Your Own Holiday Ornament Crafting Kit
- Button Wreath Ornament Craft Kit
- Legend of The Gingerbread Man Ornament Craft Kit
- Beaded Candy Cane Ornament Craft Kit
Create more holiday fun these great ideas.
- 15 DIY Advent Calendars
- 11 Awesome Homemade Gifts You and Your Kids Can Make
- 20 Hacks for Holiday Entertaining
Plus, check out 12 Christmas Ornaments Made from Lego…