Post Sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.
Has your imagination shifted into holiday mode yet? Mine has! I started playing around with décor ideas for a winter white dinner party with lots of sparkle. I pulled a few decorative items out and even got inspired to create a menu to match the theme. The result? I’ll show you everything put together in the next post, but for now, come take a peek at the hits of metallic gold and silver.
I started my decoration process by deciding on dishes and linens. My white china has gold stripes, and I think a white table runner with metallic gold and silver polka dots looks great with it. The napkins are white, with a silvery sheen edging. Clear crystal goblets and silver place settings add to the look.
Unless I have a specific idea about something that I know I don’t own, I always rob my home first when I’m creating a tablescape. For this party, I pulled out shimmery stars, hurricane globes, glittered pine cones and twig balls, plus silver based snow globes.
If at all possible, I like to decorate the day before the party. That way I can focus on party day food prep without feeling harassed.
Here’s my winter white dinner menu:
- Creamy White Potato Soup
- White Lasagna Roll-ups
- Fresh Parmesan Garlic Rolls
- Decadent White Hot Chocolate
- White Shortbread Cookies
Lasagna is a wonderful meal to fix for family and friends, especially at holiday time. You don’t have to be Italian to enjoy a taste of Tuscany! Almost everyone enjoys the rich, savory taste of lasagna, plus it can be made ahead and then popped into the oven at party time. And happily, for my winter white dinner party, delicious Bertolli’s white Alfredo Sauce makes a great variation on the popular lasagna dish.
From now until November 5th, you can save on Bertolli pasta sauces at Ahold stores, including Stop & Shop, Giant, and Martin’s. You’ll find premium Bertolli tomato and Alfredo sauces in the pasta sauce aisle and on display in the meat department.
Here’s my lasagna recipe:
WHITE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
- 2 containers ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese (or any white cheese)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken breast, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken to save time)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked/drained according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine ricotta, 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, parmesan, eggs, garlic and chicken in a bowl.
- Lay out lasagna noodles on a flat surface.
- Spoon 3/4 of the total mixture evenly over each of the noodles.
- Top with a thin layer of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and roll the noodles.
- Place in a 9×9 inch dish.
- Cover tops of noodles with remaining mixture, a layer of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dish is heated all the way through.
Check back for more party details and more recipes—including Decadent White Hot Chocolate!