Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
If you love a juicy, tasty cheeseburger then this White Castle Slider recipe will be on your menu frequently. This easy copycat recipe uses a clever technique that the White Castle restaurants made famous to create the best sliders and you can now easily make them at home in the same way.
Ingredients for White Castle sliders
You will need:
- 12 dinner rolls, cut in half
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Beef
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 10-12 Kraft American Cheese Slices, cut each slice into 4 squares
- 20-24 dill pickle chips
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
substitutions and additions
Bouillon: if you can’t get the Better Than Bouillon Beef, then you can use granulated beef bouillon in its place. Don’t make the sliders without this as they won’t have as much taste.
Dill Pickle: if you aren’t a fan of dill pickle, there are a few things you can add in its place. You could try gherkin, cornichon (French pickled gherkin) or lime pickles, all of which will add a little something unique to the slider.
Bread Rolls: for something a little different, try Hawaiian rolls in place of normal dinner rolls. These have a tropical taste due to the pineapple juice in the mixture.
How to make this white castle sliders recipe
STEP 1: In a large bowl, add the ground beef, Better Than Bouillon Beef and garlic powder. Mix together with a large spoon or with your hands until combined
STEP 2: Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper then add the beef mixture and spread until it forms an even, flat layer. With a knife, cut into 12 equal squares around 3×4 inches or the same size as dinner rolls. Using the end of the spoon, make five holes in each patty
STEP 3: Place the ground beef baking sheet in the freezer for 3 hours
STEP 4: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and break the patties apart then remove the parchment paper
STEP 5: Add the onions to the bottom of the baking sheet, evenly spread. Add ¼ cup water then put the patties on top of the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Steam cook for 10 minutes
STEP 6: Take the sheet out of the oven and place the bottom of each dinner roll on a patty. Place the tops in a staggered pattern over the bottom pieces
STEP 7: Put back in the oven and cook for another 3 minutes
STEP 8: Remove from the oven and use a spatula to scoop up each patty with onions and bottom bun then add three slices of cheese to each
STEP 9: Add any condiments such as dill pickle chips, ketchup, or mustard
STEP 10: Place the top bun on the condiments and serve
IN THE FRIDGE: As separate ingredients keep everything in the fridge until you are ready to make the cheeseburger. If you don’t want to use all of the cooked patties immediately, you can also store them in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze any sliders that aren’t eaten. Pop them in a freezer-safe bag and make sure you use them within a month. Thaw them in the refrigerator before microwaving to reheat.
PRO TIP: To reheat your sliders place them in the microwave with a damp sheet of paper towel and cook on half power for around 1 minute 20 seconds for 2 sliders or until hot.
Enjoy the tastiest White Castle mini sliders whenever you want with this easy copycat recipe. Once you know how to make these simple cheeseburgers, you can add your favorite condiments to them and make them as often as you want.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
White Castle Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls cut in half
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp better than bouillon beef
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 10-12 kraft american cheese slices each slice cut into 4 squares
- 20-24 dill pickle chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add the ground beef, Better Than Bouillon Beef, and garlic powder. Mix together with a large spoon, or your hands until combined.
- Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the ground beef mixture and spread to the sides until it forms a flat even layer. Using a knife, cut into 12 equal squares (3×4: about the same size as the dinner rolls). Using the end of the spoon, create 5 holes in each patty.
- Place the ground beef baking sheet in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove ground beef baking sheet from the freezer and break patties apart. Throw away the parchment paper.
- Add the onions to the bottom of the baking sheet and spread evenly. Add ¼ cup water to the onions. Place the frozen beef patties directly on top of the onions and water. Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper and then place in the oven and allow beef to steam cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place the bottom of each dinner roll on a hamburger patty. Place the tops of the dinner rolls in a staggered pattern over the bottom pieces of the dinner rolls.
- lace the baking sheet back in the oven and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet back out of the oven and use a spatula to scoop up each meat patty with onions and bottom bun attached, and add 3 cheese slices to each slider.
- Add optional condiments: dill pickle chips, ketchup, mustard.
- Place the top bun on the condiments and serve sliders immediately.