October 17, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
If you love a juicy cheeseburger, these copycat White Castle Sliders will be on your menu frequently the next time you have a craving. Using the clever technique that the restaurants made famous, you can create their original slider with beef patties, cheese, and a dill pickle slice on a signature bun.
White Castle Sliders Ingredients
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon Beef
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of water
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, cut in half
- 10-12 Kraft American Cheese Slices, cut each slice into 4 squares
- 20-24 dill pickle chips
- Ketchup and mustard (optional)
Substitutions And Additions
BOUILLON: If you can’t get the Better Than Bouillon Beef in your local grocery stores, then you can use granulated beef bouillon soup mix in its place. Don’t make the sliders without this, as they won’t have as much taste.
DILL PICKLE: If you aren’t a fan of dill pickles, there are a few things you can add in its place. You could try gherkin, cornichon (French pickled gherkin), or lime pickles, all of which will add a little something unique to the slider.
BREAD ROLLS: For something a little different, try Hawaiian rolls in place of normal dinner rolls. These have a tropical taste due to the pineapple juice in the mixture.
CHEESE: For the best results for the original White Castle taste, you will want to use Kraft American Cheese Slices. White Castle also offers different menu options, including the jalapeño cheese slider, which is the same great burger with a spicy slice of cheese instead.
How To Make This White Castle Sliders Recipe
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, add the ground beef, Better Than Bouillon Beef, and garlic powder. Mix together with a large spoon or with your hands until combined.
STEP TWO: Line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the meat mixture until it forms an even, flat layer.
With a knife, cut meat into 12 equal squares of around 3×4 inches or the same size as the dinner rolls. Using the end of the spoon, make five holes in each patty.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Don’t skip the step of making the holes in the patties. They have holes in them because they are steamed and not fried. This keeps them juicy and means the onions spread better.
STEP THREE: Place the ground beef baking sheet in the freezer for 3 hours.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and break the patties apart, then remove the parchment paper.
STEP FIVE: Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the baking sheet, evenly spread. Add ¼ cup of water, then put the patties on top of the bed of onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Steam cook for 10 minutes.
STEP SIX: Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place the bottom of each dinner roll on a patty. Place the bun tops in a staggered pattern over the bottom buns.
When you add the dinner rolls, make sure they don’t touch the water, or they will absorb it and become soggy.
STEP SEVEN: Put the baking sheet back in the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Remove from the oven and use a spatula to scoop up each patty with onions and bun bottoms, then add three slices of cheese to each of the separate sandwiches.
STEP NINE: Add any condiments such as dill pickle chips, ketchup, or mustard.
STEP TEN: Place the top bun on the condiments and serve up your delicious sliders.
How To Serve
These perfect sliders taste just like the real thing. White Castle fans will be thrilled when you serve up these delicious signature tiny hamburgers.
The only thing better than serving up a batch of these small square burgers is adding a side of French fries to your meal to make it a combo.
IN THE FRIDGE: As separate ingredients, keep everything in the fridge until you are ready to make the cheeseburger. If you don’t want to use all of the cooked patties immediately, you can also store them in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze any sliders that aren’t eaten. Wrap the individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and place the sliders in a freezer-safe bag and make sure you use them within a month.
Thaw them in the refrigerator before microwaving them to reheat.
To reheat your sliders, place them in the microwave with a damp sheet of paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and cook on half power for around 1 minute 20 seconds for 2 sliders, or until hot.
These copycat White Castle sliders are the real deal. Once you know how to make these simple cheeseburgers, you can add your favorite condiments to them and make them as often as you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
White Castle’s restaurants make their sliders 2 x 2 inches in size. They are always square patties, so they fit perfectly into the dinner roll. You can make yours bigger if you want but always go by the size of the slider buns you are using.
The fast-food chain doesn’t say which brand of dill pickle they use in their sliders. But a dill pickle is a pickled cucumber that has been seasoned with dill. This gives them a distinctive taste. You can buy them in the store or even make your own.
You can freeze any leftovers of the sliders. Wrap the individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and place sliders in a freezer-safe bag, and make sure you use them within a month. Thaw them in the refrigerator before microwaving them to reheat.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Cocktail Links
- Meatball Parmesan
- Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak
- Ham Glaze Recipe
- The Best Burger
- Dill Pickle Cheese Ball
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Oklahoma Onion Burger
- Zinger Burger
- Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- French Dip Sliders
- No Yeast Dinner Rolls
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Crock Pot
- Beef Stroganoff
White Castle Sliders
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon beef
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, cut in half
- 10 to 12 Kraft American cheese slices, each slice cut into 4 squares
- 20 to 24 dill pickle chips
- ketchup and mustard
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, Better Than Bouillon Beef, and garlic powder. Mix together with a large spoon, or your hands until combined.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the ground beef mixture and spread to the sides until it forms a flat even layer. Using a knife, cut into 12 equal squares of 3×4-inches or about the same size as the dinner rolls. Using the end of the spoon, create 5 holes in each patty.
- Place the ground beef baking sheet in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove the ground beef baking sheet from the freezer and break the patties apart. Throw away the parchment paper.
- Add the onions to the bottom of the baking sheet and spread evenly. Add ¼ cup of water to the onions. Place the frozen beef patties directly on top of the onions and water. Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper and then place the baking sheet in the oven and allow the beef to steam cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place the bottom of each dinner roll on a hamburger patty. Place the tops of the dinner rolls in a staggered pattern over the bottom pieces of the dinner rolls.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet back out of the oven and use a spatula to scoop up each meat patty with onions and bottom bun attached, and add 3 cheese slices to each slider.
- Add optional condiments: dill pickle chips, ketchup, mustard.
- Place the top bun on the condiments and serve sliders immediately.
- You can substitute granulated beef bouillon in place of the Better Than Bouillon Beef if needed.
- Don’t skip the step of making the holes in the patties. They have holes in them because they are steamed and not fried. This keeps them juicy and means the onions spread better.
- When you add the dinner rolls, make sure they don’t touch the water, or they will absorb it and become soggy.
- To reheat your sliders place them in the microwave with a damp sheet of paper towel on a microwave-safe plate and cook on half power for around 1 minute 20 seconds for 2 sliders or until hot.