October 5, 2022Review Post
Table of Contents
This easy and fun homemade DIY Giant Bubbles solution is the perfect way to have fun with your family. You will have so much fun making the world’s best, most magnificent, GIANT bubbles! You will marvel over the massive bubbles and huge rainbows this project produces. Get ready for your kids to be yelling, “giant bubbles!” with such delight that the neighbors will notice and want to join in on the fun as well. You can actually mix up several batches of the solution if you want to have more friends join in the fun.
- Keeps kids busy with 14 Summer Activities for Kids
- Plus, check out this fun DIY Lego Guy
- Check out these 23 Crazy Cool Camping Ideas, Hacks, Tips and Tricks
- This Camping Themed 8th Birthday is perfect
This would be the perfect idea to do at a backyard BBQ or graduation party. Sometimes, days at home really are the best. Especially with some backyard magic with friends. Want to thrill all the kids in your family and maybe even the neighbors? Make a batch of this recipe for giant bubbles and see what happens. We’re not talking about the little bottles of solution you get in the dollar bin at the store… we mean business with this DIY mixture. We first saw a recipe for the bubbles on the Happy Hooligans blog. Thanks, Jackie! Without a doubt, this project is one that will be repeated often in the coming years.
Ingredients For Giant Bubbles
To create enormous bubbles at home, you’ll use the following:
- 6 Cups of water (tap water is OK, but distilled is best)
- ½ Cup of Blue Dawn Dish Detergent (original is supposed to be best but I did use ultra)
- ½ Cup of corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder (not baking soda)
- 1 Tablespoon of glycerin
How To Make Giant Bubbles
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Make sure to stir well!
- Gently add the other ingredients; you don’t want to make it frothy.
- Let the mix set for at least an hour, gently stirring occasionally when the cornstarch settles. We used a dishpan to hold everything and that worked well when we were dipping the wand in it.
Voila, you’re ready for action! Because you can’t create giant bubbles without a little help, we also created our own DIY giant bubble wands. A few simple household items transform into magic with a little imagination. Get more of the wand directions from Design Dazzle. Design Dazzle also has a cute idea for making this whole giant bubble thing into a kit for gifting. Genius!
Supplies For A Giant Bubble Wand
You’ll gather just a few items to make these.
- 2 wood dowels, ours are each about 18″ long, ½” in diameter
- 2 eye screws to fit in the dowel ends
- 9″ cotton cord (you can get it from a fabric/sewing department)
How To Make A Giant Bubble Wand
Twist the eye screws into the dowel ends. Thread the cording through the eye screws and tie a knot so it makes one large circle. You’re ready to go! We quickly learned that the more you play with the bubble solution, the better the solution gets. You also get better at figuring out how it works which means you can create even bigger bubbles.
We figured out that walking backward produces longer bubbles. Super bubbles are an understatement. We couldn’t believe how large some of the bubbles became that the kids were creating. Another tip is that this works best on a day that isn’t too windy. Needless to say, you’ve got to try this.