As anyone who ever saw The Incredibles knows, capes can be an occupational hazard. Shields, however, are entirely necessary — as any Superhero kid can tell you. At least, thats the stance my son takes.
He loves to play Superhero; he loves to wear masks; but capes not so much. Thats why I decided to make a shield for him and he loves it.
- Check out this Easy DIY Dinosaur craft your son will also love to see!
- Plus, complete the outfit with these DIY Superhero Cuffs.
Whether you want to encourage your son’s imagination or if you’ve got a boys superhero theme birthday party coming up, this easy DIY shield is a fun project for both of you.
Pair these shields with eye masks (and even capes!) and use them at each guests place setting for a party favor that also makes a terrific decoration.
DIY Superhero Shield Supplies:
- foam circle; ours is about 8 in diameter
- foam star; ours is about 10
- 2 small pieces of felt; ours are 1 ½ wide X 7 long and 2 ½ wide x 3 ½ tall (or a piece of Velcro)
- craft knife
- hot glue
1. Cut a piece of felt that is long enough to go around your childs wrist, with enough length for an overlap to glue. My original idea was that it would slip over my sons hand and hed wear the shield on his wrist, but usually he just holds onto it like its a handle.
2. Make two parallel slits in the middle of the foam circle, long enough for your felt to fit through and a 1 ½ apart. Insert the felt in the slits, overlap the ends and hot glue them together.
3. On the other side, hot glue the foam star in the middle of the circle.
4. Add a felt initial to customize or a lightning bolt would work if youre getting ready for a party.
Thats all there is to it: easy! You’ll find making a Superhero happy makes you a super mom!
Planning a Boy’s Superhero Birthday Party? The Spaceships and Laser Beams team has sourced these party supplies:
- Superhero Dog Tags
- Super Hero Fun Create-A-Cape Kit
- Superhero Foam Balls
- Superhero Tote Bags
- Superhero Comics Tattoos
- Superhero Wristbands
Plus, get boy’s superhero birthday party ideas with these celebrations!
- Superhero Birthday Party Printables
- Superhero Party Popcorn Cups
- DIY Superhero Birthday Party Photo Booth
- Boy’s Superhero Birthday Party
- Super Fun Superhero Birthday Party
About the Creator: Suzie Boluarte Suzie Boluarte is a mom to a very active boy name Caiden, who keeps her on her toes all day long. She shares DIYs, Parties and Everything else in between on her blog, Project: Party Perfect. You can also find her on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.