Easy, cheesy baked spaghetti is a delicious homemade recipe we all love!
If you love a good pasta recipe, this easy, cheesy twist on a classic will be a sure winner for your family dinner. You only need spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese to get started. You can also add meatballs or substitute zucchini noodles if you’d like. The flavor of this meal is one-of-a-kind amazing.
This simple, hearty, homemade baked spaghetti is one of my favorite things to serve because of how easy it is to make from scratch. You can use my homemade tomato sauce recipe or a jar of your favorite pasta sauce. You can even add extra cheese if you’d like. Mmm, all that cheesy, delicious flavor! This recipe is similar to my baked ziti, which also makes a fantastic dinner idea. Don’t forget to serve it with dinner rolls or yummy beer bread on the side!
- Your taste buds will thank you for these 23 Quick and Easy Healthy Family Dinner Ideas.
- Need a fast meal? You’ll find it with these 23 Dump Recipes to Save You Time.
Baked Spaghetti Recipe:
All my boys love pasta dishes. An easy, cheesy twist on a classic, this spaghetti bake is sure to become an often requested favorite in our house.
Now that the boys are getting older, I love that I can also have them help more and more in the kitchen. This is a great way for us to bond — plus it eases my load!
There are yummy veggies hidden in this recipe. You could puree more to add to the sauce even if you want to really pack them in. Can you tell that’s one of my favorite methods for getting the good stuff in my boys? 🙂
This baked spaghetti recipe also makes a lovely presentation, so it’s a great option to serve your dinner guests as well.
Ingredients for Baked Spaghetti
Let’s get what you need to make this tasty recipe!
You’ll be using spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. You can also add meatballs if you’d like.
I’ve also made this with zucchini noodles in addition to the regular spaghetti noodles. So yummy!
You could substitute only zucchini noodles too if you’d rather.
Sometimes, I use my own homemade tomato sauce recipe instead. I also often puree additional veggies to pop into the spaghetti sauce. It adds flavor and nutritional benefits!
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Cook your meatballs in a frying pan according to package directions and boil your spaghetti to el dente, according to package directions.
If you’re adding zucchini, you can spiralize it now too.
Drain the spaghetti and place back in the pot.
If you’re adding zucchini, you’d toss it in the mix now.
Stir in the spaghetti sauce and season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Then pour the spaghetti into your casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
What Temperature to Bake Spaghetti
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Be sure to start preheating while you’re prepping the rest of the dish.
How Long Do You Bake Spaghetti?
Cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley over top and serve.
What to Serve with Baked Spaghetti
Look at all that lovely, bubbly cheese! Yum!
If you’re looking for a simple, quick meal that everyone will enjoy, I suggest you try this baked spaghetti soon — you’ll be glad you did!
More Easy Pasta Recipes You Will Love
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 box cooked spaghetti
- 1 jar tomato spaghetti sauce
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized *** OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add box of spaghetti. Cook for 7-8 minutes and remove from heat and strain noodles.
- ***Spiralize your zucchini with a spiralizer if using***
- While noodles are cooking, thaw meatballs. Strain the sauce from the meatballs and discard.
- ***Add in the zucchini and toss to mix***
- Pour noodles, sauce and thawed meatballs into a big bowl and toss together.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly on top.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and serve.