Last updated on
Table of Contents
- Tips, Tricks and Hacks for Entertaining During Christmas and New Year's
- 1. Aluminum Foil Cookie Swap Boxes
- 2. Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops
- 3. DIY Paper Plate Cookie Basket
- 4. Cookie Cutter Fudge
- 5. Wrapping Paper Organizer Tutorial
- 6. Barn Wood Star Decor
- 7. Starburst Twig Wreath
- 8. How to Make Chocolate Curls for Cakes and Cupcakes
- 9. $5 Ribbon Organizer
- 10. Easy Dining Table Décor
- 11. DIY Recycled Light Pendants
- 13. Rosemary Lemon Concoction
- 14. Mini Gingerbread House
- 15. Ornament Drinks
- 16. Smart Ornament Storage Ideas
- 17. Faux Mercury Glass Vases
- 18. Decorating Cookies with Kids
- 19. Bow Wreath
- 20. Homemade Slime for Cleaning
- Create a memorable holiday with these craft and keepsake craft ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Look no further for more great holiday fun.
- Plus, check out 200 Free Christmas Printables...
Tips, Tricks and Hacks for Entertaining During Christmas and New Year’s
I’m always trying to make things simpler, especially around the holidays. These incredible ideas for hacks make Christmas entertaining a breeze! For instance, are you planning a Christmas cookie exchange party?
Christmas Tips, Tricks and Hacks You Will Find in this Post:
- Check out the Aluminum Foil Cookie Swap Boxes, DIY Paper Plate Cookie Basket, Decorating Cookies with Kids, Cookie Cutter Fudge, and How to Make Chocolate Curls for Cakes and Cupcakes. Boys love hot chocolate, and it just got easier with the Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops!
- The Rosemary Lemon Concoction, Mini Gingerbread House, and Ornament Drinks will ensure youve got the best Christmas party on the block.
- In need of some new Christmas decorations? See these DIY ideas: Barn Wood Star Decor, Starburst Twig Wreath, DIY Recycled Light Pendants, Faux Mercury Glass Vases, and Bow Wreath.
- Kids will have so much fun making and playing with the Homemade Slime for Cleaning…maybe you’ll be able to convince them to actually do some cleaning with it, too!
- The Wrapping Paper Organizer Tutorial, $5 Ribbon Organizer, and Smart Ornament Storage Ideas will help you stay organized this holiday season. There! The entire holiday season just became easier. Ho! Ho! Ho!
- Warm up with these Caramel Apple Pie Christmas Cookies that are the perfect treats for cold winter days.
- Celebrate the season with this delicious Christmas Dessert Idea: Oreo Truffles + Free Printable.
1. Aluminum Foil Cookie Swap Boxes
From Aunt Peaches
Christmas cookies are always such a fun part of celebrating the holidays. I love the idea for these Christmas cookie boxes!
Using your old aluminum foil boxes and painting them fun holiday colors makes perfect boxes to hand out your Christmas cookies in, and the person you are gifting them to doesn’t even need to unpack them to put them away!
2. Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops
If you’re ever in a pinch, these make-ahead whipped cream dollops are perfect for topping everything from hot cocoa, to oatmeal or pancakes!
They’re made fresh and then frozen in a plastic bag until you’re ready to use, so you always have fresh homemade whipped cream to add to your food and drinks this holiday season.
3. DIY Paper Plate Cookie Basket
From It’s Always Autumn
These paper plate cookie baskets are perfect for an inexpensive and last-minute way to transport you Christmas cookies. They are super fun to make too! You can’t even tell that they’re made from a paper plate afterwards.
4. Cookie Cutter Fudge
From Betty Crocker
This fudge makes the perfect gift for someone who already has everything! Find some fun cookie cutters, and make this easy fudge inside of them. Then, tie them up with some ribbons and send them over! You can never go wrong with fudge.
5. Wrapping Paper Organizer Tutorial
From 2 Little Hooligans
This wrapping paper organizer is the best way to store all of your gift-wrapping supplies this holiday season! The instructions are super thorough, making it super easy to put together, and a definite life saver! After you have made this, you won’t find yourself running around the house last minute, wondering where your scissors or tape are!
6. Barn Wood Star Decor
This barn wood star is a quick 15-minute craft that looks so rustic and beautiful! Use 5 screws in some old barn wood to create a star shape and tie some ribbon around them. This would make a great gift idea for your loved ones!
7. Starburst Twig Wreath
From The Painted Hive
This easy wreath is almost completely free to make using found sticks, and gives you a beautiful earthy feel to your holiday décor. The center of the wreath is made from a cereal box wrapped with twine, then the sticks are attached using a hot glue gun. Your kids will love to help with the twig foraging in the woods!
8. How to Make Chocolate Curls for Cakes and Cupcakes
From Winner Dinners
Chocolate curls add an elegant touch to any baked goods, but can be pretty frustrating to get right. This tutorial helps walk you through the process so that you get beautiful chocolate curls, rather than shavings to decorating your desserts with!
9. $5 Ribbon Organizer
From Spunky Junky
This ribbon organizer will ensure that your crafting time isn’t spent reorganizing your ribbon strands. It is super easy to make and add/remove ribbon spools from as they get used! A lot of ribbon organization hacks have you hang your ribbon spools from a coat hanger which results in your strands unravelling. This hack makes sure that they will stay put!
10. Easy Dining Table Décor
From Interior Designing Blog
These table centerpieces are a perfect and elegant way to use spare tea lights and wine glasses without taking up too much table space for your holiday spread. Add a piece of holly or a small candle inside for an added holiday touch!
11. DIY Recycled Light Pendants
From Interior Attack
These DIY recycled light pendants are totally customizable and great to gift to friends and family. There are 4 different design tutorials here, so you can choose which one you like the most to create!
13. Rosemary Lemon Concoction
From One More Moore
Slow simmering the lemon and rosemary then adding some vanilla creates a comforting and warming drink that is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter day. This drink is healthy, and is armed with antioxidants making it the perfect cold-buster! Your house will smell absolutely amazing while it’s being made on the stovetop. I am sure that you can easily adapt this recipe for the slow cooker as well!
14. Mini Gingerbread House
From Kelly Moore Bag
These gingerbread houses are perfect to make with kids who don’t always agree on who gets to do what! You make them using graham crackers, and the result is so adorable! Everything sits on cardboard wrapped in foil, and is decorated with some delicious royal icing and candies.
15. Ornament Drinks
From A Subtle Revelry
What a fun way to serve holiday cocktails! Grab some plastic or glass ornaments from your local craft store, and add the cotton candy and some vodka to them! These are sure to make your holiday party extra cheery! While you’re at the craft store, grab some glass writers so people can write their names on their ornaments!
16. Smart Ornament Storage Ideas
If you’re like me (or have kids), at least a few ornaments are bound to get broken each year. These ornament storage ideas will help you make sure that you don’t break any ornaments, or spend hours unwrapping your Christmas lights this year!
17. Faux Mercury Glass Vases
From The Paper Mama
These mirror vases are elegant and easy to make! Spray them down with mirror spray paint, and then dab with a water and vinegar mixture! Add some cool designs or lettering using hot glue before you paint them for some added customization, or for awesome gift ideas!
18. Decorating Cookies with Kids
From Bake at 350
This tutorial will help you to make sure that you are enjoying the memories of making cookies with your kids, and not ripping your hair out in the process! Each tip is designed to help you have a stress free, mess free time while making sure the cookies look beautiful and the kids are happy!
19. Bow Wreath
From Design Improvised
These bow wreaths are simple to put together and look so busy and beautiful when hung up. You can easily customize the color of the bows to match the décor around the house. If you are hanging it outdoors, add a dab of hot glue to the bows before you add them to prevent them from falling off!
20. Homemade Slime for Cleaning
From Simply Living Smart
Slime has been quite the fad for teens, but who says that they get to have all of the fun? This DIY slime is fun to make, and a great way to clean up all of the nooks and crannies that can see a buildup of dirt and debris overtime. It’s perfect for car vents, keyboards, remote controls, and even cell phones!
Create a memorable holiday with these craft and keepsake craft ideas gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Decorate Your Own Holiday Ornament Crafting Kit
- Magic Color Scratch Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Button Wreath Ornament Craft Kit
- Legend Of The Gingerbread Man Ornament Craft Kit
- CHRISTMAS CHARACTER PHOTO ORNAMENT CRAFT KIT
- Christmas Holiday Glitter Temporary Tattoos
- Inflatable Reindeer Antler Ring Toss Game
- CHRISTMAS Toys and Novelty assortment
Look no further for more great holiday fun.
- 15 DIY Advent Calendars
- 3 Easy Christmas Craft Ideas You Will Love
- How to Make Christmas Gift Boxes from Oatmeal Boxes