Cream Egg Cracker Toffee
Have you tried our delicious Ritz Cracker Toffee recipe? It’s crazy addictive and way too good to only indulge in once a year. I just had to make an Easter version and came up with this amazing Cream Egg Cracker Toffee.
This Cream Egg Cracker Toffee has so many delicious flavours happening at the same time:
Buttery Ritz crackers.
Sweet & crunchy caramel.
Silky, bittersweet chocolate.
Sweet, decadent cream eggs.
I made this with just a handful of leftover cream eggs from when my daughter made her crazy Cream Egg Easter cake, so don’t think you need to sacrifice the whole bag to make this recipe!
- Box of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 chocolate chips or dark chocolate squares
- Handful mini Cadbury Cream Eggs
- Spring-coloured sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 425F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil to protect it from the sticky caramel layer. (This is one recipe I don’t use my silicone baking mat for – it’s way too hard to clean up!)
- Spread the crackers to completely cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, only giving a single good stir or whisk at the end. Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Stick the baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes until the caramel is bubbly and thick.
- Meanwhile, break up the chocolate pieces and unwrap the Mini Cream Eggs.
- Sprinkle the chocolate overtop of the caramel layer and pop it back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 2-2 minutes until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate with an offset spatula. The Cream Eggs will probably melt completely, adding an indulgent decadence to the Easter Cracker Toffee.
- Cut a few extra Cream Eggs in half and sprinkle them onto the still-wet chocolate, along with some colourful sprinkles.
- Place the whole thing in the fridge until the Cream Egg Cracker Toffee cools & hardens so that you can “crack” it into single serving pieces.
Check out these other creative Easter recipes!
- Pistachio Salad Easter Peeps Dessert Cups from Mom Endeavors
- Easter Bunny Crispy Treats from See Vanessa Craft
- Mini No-Bake Carrot Cake Cheesecakes from A Night Owl Blog
- Bunny Bait from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Homemade Peeps – recipe and video tutorial from Ashlee Marie
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Chick Cookies from Two Twenty One
- Mini Bunny Cakes from Happiness is Homemade
- Strawberries & Cream Salad Shooters from Play Party Plan
- Easy Peeps JELL-O Cake from Strawberry Mommycakes
- Easter Bunny Bread Bowls from The Idea Room
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week