Cookie Monster Cupcakes
Cookie Monster is one of the least scary childhood monsters. Lots of kids like to identify with him! I think I might even be related to him myself! Whether you’re hosting a Sesame Street themed birthday party and needing a dessert table idea or just pleasing your kids, Cookie Monster is the guy to invite. This likeness includes cupcakes and cookies so you’ll get twice the smiles.
- Check out this easy to make Cookie Monster Ice Cream that kids will gobble up.
- A Boy’s Cookie Monster Birthday Party is a great way to celebrate your little monster.
MONSTER CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Line the cupcake tins with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
5. Mix all together until fully incorporated.
6. Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
7. Slowly add the boiling water, starting with a small amount then pouring in the remaining boiling water.
8. The batter may be a little runny.
9. Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4 filled.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
12. Take out of the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cooled.
Blue Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 + cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- blue gel food coloring
1. Cream the butter and powdered sugar until it looks light and creamy.
2. If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
3. Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
4. Add more powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Mix well.
5. When ready, scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
6. Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
7. Holding the bag straight up and down, frost the cupcake straight up and down.
Monster Cookie Face
- 2 large candy eyes
- 1 chocolate chip cookie
1. Place 2 large candy eyes on top of the frosted cupcake.
2. Cut the chocolate chip cookie in half.
3. Stick the cookie in the middle of the frosted cupcake as though it is sticking out of his mouth.
Make baking fun with these great kitchen sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/page/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great cupcake recipe ideas kids will love.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Stephanie is in love with a boy named Sam. He has taught her that it's okay to jump first and look later, to wear a dirty shirt to the park and to decide that today is a good day to take a nap in your rubber boots. She hangs out here blogging at Spaceships and Laser Beams and at our printable party shop on Etsy.