A Nautical Baby Shower
One baby being born is reason enough for celebration, but a nautical baby shower in honor of two moms-to-be is downright exciting! Styled by Sarah of For the Love, this shower honored two special relatives. I love how Sarah paired vintage décor with her own handmade decorations. There are so many sweet nautical details not to be missed! Join me in salivating over the delicious looking treats on a fabulous dessert table (I’m claiming the donuts!).
- Get great ideas for welcoming a new little “first mate” in this Nautical Ahoy Baby Shower!
- Check out this list of 10 nautical party must-haves.
One of the things I love most about this nautical baby shower is the mix of the new with the old. Sarah borrowed vintage pieces from relatives and sought out inspiration to create other pieces.
Vintage hand-sewn quilt pieces were hung with clothes pins and made a colorful nautical flag-like bunting.
Ribbon flags were created by Sarah and tied to rope for an awesome garland.
An old coke crate was used to display cups with cherry red straws.
Jars were filled with a variety of yummy candy, like Swedish Fish (my favorite)! Remnants of ribbon and rickrack were used to embellish each.
Rustic crates made fantastic display pieces for the refreshments. Powdered donuts looked especially appetizing topped with ribbon flags attached to toothpicks.
Muffins were creatively embellished with “life preservers” repurposed from Sarah’s jewelry box!
Healthier fare consisted of fresh strawberries and gorgeous red apples.
To tie in the nautical theme without going overboard, Sarah tied old glass bottles with wooden anchors. She added a model sailboat and rustic red lanterns to bring in that out-to-sea vibe.
I adore Sarah’s use of her grandmother’s picnic basket to display the paper plates and utensils. Doesn’t it conjure up daydreams of picnicking on a lazy afternoon while watching the sailboats float by?
A darling “message in a bottle” area was set up for guests to leave a note for each mom-to-be. I love the custom tags attached to each bottle—such a fun personalization. I’m sure the moms-to-be enjoyed reading the sentiments.
Guests received cute mini pails that Sarah filled with treats. Her hand covered buttons were such a sweet touch.
I bet the guests of honor felt so loved and spoiled at this fabulous nautical baby shower!
Ahoy! Looking for party supplies for your boys nautical birthday party? We think you’ll love these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Ahoy There 1st Birthday Bunting
- Nautical Sailor Mini Popcorn Boxes
- Nautical Sailboat Cupcake Picks
- 12 White Sailor Hats
- Welcome Aboard Cloth Life Ring Navy Accent Nautical Decor
- Nautical Sailor Theme Cupcake Picks
- Nautical Happy Birthday Banner
- 84 pkg ~ Lucks Nautical Assortment Edible Sugar Dec-ons
- 5 X 9 New Tan Fishing Net, Fish Nets, Pirate, Luau, Netting, Nautical Decor
- Ahoy Nautical – 16 Person Party Kit2
- 4-Pack Kraft Dessert Table Label Kit
- Felt Sailboat Centerpiece With Lights
- Ocean & Sky Backdrop Party Accessory
- Summer Sails Nautical Sailboat Cake Topper
- 9GreenBox – Real 3 x White Starfish 4″ to 6″ Great For Holiday Ornament Decorating
- Creative Converting Touch of Color Plastic Table Cover
- Red & White Stripes Tablecover Party Accessory
- Red Stripe Jumbo Gift Wrap Party Accessory
- Little B 100199 Decorative Paper Tape, Red Side Stripes
- Amscan Royal Blue Stripe Jumbo Gift Wrap
Be sure to check out more nautical baby shower ideas here:
Plus, don’t miss A Boy’s Nautical Birthday Party…