Once a year, I buy a box of Lucky Charms and after about the second bowl, I’m over it and looking for ways to use up the rest of the box. These Lucky Charms Squares are a fun twist on traditional Rice Krispie squares and would make a special St. Patrick’s Day snack!
- Keep kids busy this St. Patrick’s Day with these 12 St. Patrick’s Day Activities and Games for Kids.
- Try something new and fun with these Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes.
We are one of those families that just can’t resist a good theme. Already this year we’ve made rainbow spaghetti, fresh rainbow salsa, and rainbow cupcakes – but clearly, that was not enough St. Patrick’s day craziness for us.
These Lucky Charms squares are perfect as a classroom snack, as a special party dessert, or just because!
Lucky Charms SquaresPrint Pin Rate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups Marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- I personally really liked the look of the marshmallows removed from the squares and then added again on top for garnish but the "easy way" of just leaving them in is good, too!
- 1. Simply melt the marshmallows and butter in a large, heatproof bowl in the microwave in 25-second bursts, stirring thoroughly in between each heating.
- 2. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, stir in the Lucky Charms cereal, incorporating completely.
- 3. Pour the Lucky Charms-marshmallow mixture into a lined cake pan. If you have removed the marshmallows previously, press them on top of the Lucky Charms squares now.
- 4. Place the cake pan in the fridge to set, about 2 hours.
- 5. Cut into squares (or fun shapes!) and serve.
You could additionally drizzle these Lucky Charms squares with some melted candy coating or melted chocolate, but since it will be mostly the kids enjoying them in my house I wasn’t about to add in any more sugar!
Create a magical treat this St. Patrick’s Day with these great Amazon affiliate links gathered by crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Royal Blue Wilton Food Coloring
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter Set
- Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
- St. Patricks Day Bodysuit Pant Set
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Towel
- St.Patrick’s Day Shamrock Slotted Shades
- Shamrock Temporary Tattoos
- Shamrock Light Set
- Glitter Stickers – St. Patrick’s Day Shamrocks – 44 pieces
- Shamrock Happy St Patrick’s Day Streamer Party Accessory
- Stamped Table Runner/Scarf
- Leprechaun Magnet Foam Craft Kits
Kids will love these St. Patrick’s Day themed food ideas.
Plus, check out this St. Patrick’s Day Green Velvet Cake…