September 14, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Don’t you love it when a simple DIY ends up looking really good? Picture an entire Christmas tree full of these folksy, rustic ornaments. Looks good, huh? You can make your tree say what you want by switching up the stamped phrases or you can personalize them with family names. You can also make them kind of a two-in-one gift by using the ornaments as package toppers.
- Santa will love these Caramel Apple Pie Christmas Cookies
- These Free Printable Christmas Games are the perfect
- We love these Ugly Sweater Christmas Party Ideas
- Make sure to check out these letters to Santa
If you want to make your tree talk, here’s how to make the ornaments.
Rustic & Distressed Wooden Ornaments
- 1 can of white spray paint
- 1 – 1 ¾ piece of wood
- sander or piece of fine sandpaper
- wood burner with letter attachment (optional)
1. Begin by completely covering your piece of wood in white spray paint. I used the cheapest stuff possible because it doesn’t go on thick, it’s very thin which is better for this project. Each ornament will be about 4 inches long so base your board length on how many ornaments you want to get out of it.
2. Once the board is dry, use a saw to cut into 4-inch pieces.
3. Sand each piece lightly on the edges and any portions where paint may have slightly pooled. Do not sand the entire thing, you just want to make it look distressed, as well as remove any uneven pieces the saw caused.
4. Using a clamp (I did some just by pressing wood into the table with my hand instead of using the clamp, it made it quicker), let a portion of the wood piece stick over the surface edge you’re using and secure the other half.
5. Using a drill and a 3/16th drill bit, drill a hole in one end of each ornament.
6. Using about a 6-inch piece of twine, slip it through the hole and knot it at the end.
7. To add the letters, either hand draw them, use a stencil with paint, or use a wood burner (which is what I used, with a wood-burning letter attachment).
8. If you use the wood burner, burn your word and then use fine sandpaper over top of the word and around it. Use a (paint) brush to clean the dust off to keep the distressed look.
This is not a difficult project, but you’ve got to be able to see what you’re doing. *We‘ve partnered with 1-800-CONTACTS to provide you with this post. All ideas are original.
We tried ordering contacts online before but it was super easy and it was convenient. Knowing 1-800-CONTACTS has filled more than 30 million orders for over 8 million customers gave me confidence in the process. They are the world’s largest contact store with an inventory of more than 15 million contacts and you can order by phone, app, or Internet. Their large volume and central distribution facility help keep costs down and they pass the savings on to the customer. Online, you just add your prescription information, fill in shipping info, select a payment method, and you’re done. It’s a real-time saver.
You can enter your prescription manually or just upload an image of your Rx. When you enter the prescription yourself, their customer service agents check it with your doctor’s office.
If you’d like to try them, you can save on your first order through the 1800CONTACTS mobile app.
Celebrate with more great ideas for your holidays:
Plus, check out 13 Drinks to Ring in the New Year for Adults