September 30, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Bring the excitement of a birthday party to your dessert table with this irresistible birthday pie. Imagine a creamy blend of vanilla pudding, cream cheese, and marshmallow fluff, studded with vibrant rainbow confetti sprinkles in a premade graham cracker crust that will make your taste buds dance.
Birthday Pie Ingredients
Whether it’s your birthday or you are celebrating a loved one’s special day, this birthday cake pie recipe is the perfect way to add a delicious twist to the occasion.
The cream cheese serves as the base of the filling, providing a creamy and tangy element that balances the sweetness of the other ingredients.
The vanilla pudding brings a rich vanilla flavor to the mix, while the marshmallow fluff contributes to the pie’s texture.
The colorful sprinkles not only make the pie visually appealing but also bring a fun and festive element to each bite.
The premade crust provides a sturdy and delicious base for the pie, with its buttery and slightly sweet flavor complementing the filling perfectly.
The ingredients for this delightful dessert are:
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (7-ounce) container of marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup of rainbow confetti sprinkles (divided into ⅓ cup and 2 tablespoons)
- 4 cups of whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9-inch or 6-ounce) premade graham cracker crust
Substitutions And Additions
PIE CRUST: Instead of a graham cracker crust, you can use a premade shortbread crust or a chocolate crust for a different flavor profile.
PUDDING: While the recipe calls for instant vanilla pudding mix, you can experiment with other flavors like white chocolate or cheesecake. These variations will add exciting twists to the overall taste.
MIX-INS: For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding crushed cookies, mini chocolate chips, or chopped nuts to the filling. These additions will create delightful surprises in each bite.
RAINBOW SPRINKLES: If you cannot find the rainbow confetti sprinkles, you can substitute colorful sprinkles or “jimmies.” I used Great Value rainbow confetti sprinkles. The Great Value brand had more vibrant colors than the Wilton brand.
How To Make This Birthday Pie Recipe
Preparing this delectable birthday pie is a breeze. Follow these simple steps to create a tasty dessert that will make any celebration unforgettable:
STEP ONE: Using a medium bowl and a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and almond extract for 1 to 1½ minutes until smooth.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to ensure you don’t end up with any lumps in the filing.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the instant pudding mix over the cream cheese and continue mixing for one more minute until well combined.
STEP THREE: Add the marshmallow fluff and continue mixing just until incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Fold in ⅓ cup of rainbow confetti sprinkles.
STEP FIVE: Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
STEP SIX: Spread the Cool Whip mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust. Chill in the refrigerator for eight hours to overnight.
You can transfer a premade crust to a glass or metal pie plate for more stability. You can use the protective clear plastic cover as a top to the pie. Simply remove the paper insert and flip it over to form a dome.
STEP SEVEN: Just before you are ready to serve, add one cup of thawed whipped topping to a decorator’s bag or a quart-size ziplock with a corner snipped off.
Using an even, steady pressure pipe eight dollops of whipped topping around the edge of the pie so that each slice has a dollop of whipped topping.
Finally, pipe one dollop in the center of the pie.
STEP EIGHT: Sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of rainbow confetti sprinkles over the top of the pie. Slice into eight servings.
How To Serve
Enhance the visual appeal and taste of each slice of this no-bake pie by adding additional toppings.
Fresh berries, sliced fruits, or a dusting of powdered sugar also make excellent garnishes.
Take the indulgence to the next level by serving a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside a slice of birthday pie.
Preparing desserts in advance can be a time-saver when it comes to hosting parties or special occasions. Here’s a breakdown of how you can store this birthday pie:
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare this birthday pie ahead of time, making it a convenient option for busy schedules.
Follow all the steps up to spreading the Cool Whip mixture into the graham cracker crust.
Cover the pie tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, add the dollops of whipped topping and sprinkle with rainbow confetti sprinkles.
IN THE FRIDGE: Once the birthday pie is fully prepared, any leftovers or uneaten slices can be stored in the refrigerator.
Cover the pie with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
It will keep well in the fridge for up to four days, maintaining its flavor and texture.
IN THE FREEZER: If you have a whole pie or individual slices that you’d like to freeze for later, it’s possible to do so.
Place the pie or slices in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
They can be stored in the freezer for up to one month.
Why We Love This Recipe
This birthday pie recipe holds a special place in our hearts for several reasons. Here’s why we absolutely adore this delightful dessert:
IRRESISTIBLE FLAVOR COMBINATION: The blend of vanilla, almond, and marshmallow fluff creates a lovely combination of flavors. Each bite is a perfect balance of sweetness and creaminess that will leave you craving more.
FESTIVE AND FUN PRESENTATION: The vibrant rainbow confetti sprinkles make this pie visually appealing and give it a celebratory vibe. It’s a dessert that brings joy and happiness to any occasion.
This birthday pie recipe brings the best of both cakes and pies into a delightful dessert that is perfect for celebrating special occasions or simply indulging in a sweet treat. With its creamy filling, colorful sprinkles, and buttery graham cracker crust, it’s a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
While the recipe calls for a graham cracker crust, you can use a premade shortbread crust or a chocolate crust for different flavor profiles. Homemade crusts are also an option if you prefer to make them from scratch.
You can experiment with different flavors, like white chocolate or cheesecake-flavored pudding mix to add exciting twists to the recipe. Adjust the quantities accordingly to maintain a balanced taste.
You can prepare the pie up to 24 hours in advance. Follow the instructions until spreading the Cool Whip mixture into the crust. Cover it tightly and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Add the dollops of whipped topping and sprinkle with rainbow confetti just before serving.
You can freeze the whole pie or individual slices. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, or place them in an airtight container. The pie will keep well in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw frozen slices in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chess Pie
- Lemonade Pie
- Chocolate Cherry Pie
- Pecan Cream Pie
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- Unicorn Cheesecake
- Chocolate Hand Pies
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe
- Cool Whip Candy
- Lemon Custard Pie
- Peach Bread Pudding
- Cool Whip Cookies
- Easy Brownie Pie Recipe
- S’mores Lasagna
- Marble Brownies
- Vanilla Brownies
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix (I used Jello brand, but you can use whatever brand you have on hand)
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup rainbow confetti sprinkles, divided into ⅓ cup and 2 tablespoons (I used Great Value rainbow confetti, but you can use any brand)
- 4 cups whipped topping, thawed (one 8-ounce container plus 1 cup for garnish)
- 9 inch premade graham cracker crust (or 6-ounce)
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and almond extract for 1 to 1½ minutes until smooth.
- Sprinkle the instant pudding mix over the cream cheese and continue mixing for 1 more minute until well combined.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and continue mixing just until incorporated.
- Fold in ⅓ cup of rainbow confetti sprinkles.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Spread the Cool Whip mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Just before you are ready to serve, add 1 cup of thawed whipped topping to a decorator’s bag or a quart-size ziplock with a corner snipped off. Using an even, steady pressure pipe 8 dollops of whipped topping around the edge of the pie so that each slice has a dollop of whipped topping. Finally, pipe 1 dollop in the center of the pie.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of rainbow confetti sprinkles over the top of the pie. Slice into eight servings.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to ensure you don’t end up with any lumps in the filing.
- You can transfer a premade crust to a glass or metal pie plate for more stability. You can use the protective clear plastic cover as a top to the pie. Simply remove the paper insert and flip it over to form a dome.