August 14, 2023Review Post
Table of Contents
- 1. Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 2. Cheddar Bacon Biscuits with Maple Cinnamon Butter
- 3. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4. Whole-Wheat Waffles
- 5. Homemade DIY PB&J Uncrusables
- 6. Mini "Martha Stewart" Meatloaves F
- From Dashing Dish, Inspired by Martha Stewart
- 7. Sugar Free Baked Oatmeal
- 8. Pizza Muffins
- 9. French Toast
- 10. Hamburger Rice Cheese Casserole
- 11. Homemade Pizza Pockets
- 12. Ham & Cheese Pockets
- 13. How to Freeze Rice to Pack for School Lunch
- 14. Sweet or Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 15. Homemade Whole-Wheat Pizza
- Keep their lunches organized with these great containers and other organization ideas perfect for school lunches hand picked by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
- More great lunch ideas
It’s hard enough to get a lunch packed for the boys on school days, let alone a healthy one BUT I’ve found some great ideas for 15 healthy kids’ lunches you can prepare and freeze ahead of time that will make your lunch prep time quite a bit shorter.
The Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs, Homemade Whole-Wheat Pizza, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, and Hamburger Rice Cheese Casserole are great dinner leftover options you can freeze and serve in their lunchbox a few days later.
Be sure to check out How to Freeze Rice to Pack for School Lunches as well. The Homemade PB&J and Grilled Cheese Uncrustables, Mini Martha Stewart Meatloaves, Pizza Muffins, Homemade Pizza Pockets, Ham and Cheese Pockets, and Sweet or Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits are great individual sized options.
There are even some breakfast options: Whole-Wheat Waffles, Sugar Free Baked Oatmeal, French Toast, and Cheddar Bacon Biscuits with Maple Cinnamon Butter.
- Do not miss these 10 Gluten Free School Lunch Ideas Kids Will Love.
- You’ll love the Best Egg Salad Sandwich recipe— it’s a favorite in our family.
1. Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs
There’s no reason that lunch can’t be healthy and a comfort food at the same time! This meal checks off both of those. Make the meatballs ahead of time and they’ll be super easy to heat up or even be eaten cold. Your kids will appreciate this cozy lunch!
2. Cheddar Bacon Biscuits with Maple Cinnamon Butter
From The Organic Kitchen
I think that anyone would be delighted to find these scrumptious biscuits in their lunch! The salty cheese and bacon in the biscuits with the sweet maple cinnamon butter are perfect complements to each other. A delightful addition to any lunch.
3. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This would be perfect to make ahead of time and break out for those chilly fall days or when someone is home sick. Simply make a big batch and freeze it so it’s always on hand when you need an easy lunch. Full of vegetables, not only is it warm and comforting, but healthy too!
4. Whole-Wheat Waffles
Not only a great lunch, but these would be an easy breakfast on the run too! Pop them in the toaster or microwave to heat them up and you’ll be out the door with a good start on your busiest days. Breakfast for lunch is also fun! Pair with some fruit for a yummy and healthy meal.
5. Homemade DIY PB&J Uncrusables
Why buy them when you can easily make them yourself? Make a bunch of these ahead of time and freeze for an easy and healthy week of school lunches. By the time your kids get to lunch time at school, these will be thawed out and ready to eat.
6. Mini “Martha Stewart” Meatloaves F
From Dashing Dish, Inspired by Martha Stewart
These mini meatloaves are full of vegetables and goodness, so your kids are sure to enjoy these. Bite-sized and perfect for kids’ little hands. Have a ton of these on hand for super easy meal preparation for the week.
7. Sugar Free Baked Oatmeal
From Money Saving Mom
Breakfast isn’t just for mornings! These would be a delicious sweet treat that kids would be happy to find in their lunch boxes. Use their favorite fruit inside these little oatmeal cups. Not only a great lunch to make ahead of time, but these would be an easy grab and go breakfast or after school snack.
8. Pizza Muffins
From In The Kids Kitchen
Pizza isn’t just for dinner! These fun muffins take those beloved pizza flavors and make them an easy on-the-go lunch. Add in your family’s favorite pizza toppings to personalize them. Toss a few into a lunchbox with some fruit for a healthy and fun lunch.
9. French Toast
From East Coast Mommy
French toast is yummy any time of the day and something your kids are sure to enjoy! Make the traditional breakfast food ahead of time with whole grain bread for a healthy twist. In the morning, pop a few slices in the toaster to heat up and put it in the lunch box. So easy to put together, even during your busy mornings!
10. Hamburger Rice Cheese Casserole
This recipe is reminiscent of a traditional school lunch, but you’ll know exactly what your kids are eating. Make a batch of this ahead of time and reheat it for an easy lunch, or even dinner during a busy week. Warm and cheesy, what’s not to love about this meal?
11. Homemade Pizza Pockets
From Money Saving Mom
These would not only be a great lunch, but an after school snack that your kids are sure to enjoy! They can easily grab one with their favorite toppings and microwave. Be sure to make a big batch of these, because they’re sure to go quick.
12. Ham & Cheese Pockets
These buns filled with ham and cheese would be a delicious and filling lunch. Make a ton of these ahead of time and heat them up before putting lunches together for super simple meal preparation. If your kids aren’t a fan of ham, switch it out for their favorite lunch meat instead.
13. How to Freeze Rice to Pack for School Lunch
Instead of making rice every time you need it, prepare it ahead of time with these easy instructions. This is a great way to get individual portions of rice for when you need it. These packs of rice will be good for a whole month, meaning a month of easy lunch preparation for you!
14. Sweet or Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits
From Raising Generation Nourished
Pair these biscuits up with a soup or salad for a delicious side in your kids’ lunch! You could even make these a little on the sweet side for a good breakfast addition or maybe a sweet treat for after lunch. Either way, your kids will be asking for these tasty biscuits again and again.
15. Homemade Whole-Wheat Pizza
This is a recipe your kids could help out with from start to finish! Let them help make the dough and add their very own toppings. They’re more likely to love their lunch if it’s their very own creation. Make a few ahead of time for some variety aside from a regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Keep their lunches organized with these great containers and other organization ideas perfect for school lunches hand picked by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Bento Lunch Box Containers
- Rubbermaid Lunch Blox
- Slim Snack: Fits in Lunchboxes
- Kids’ Reusable Lunch Container Kit
- Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box
- Thermos FUNtainer Bottle
- 3-Compartment Eco Silicone Collapsible Lunch Box
- Bento Box Lunch Box 3 Pcs Set
- Pantry Elements Silicone Baking Cups
- Lunch on the Go Set with Ice Pack
- 3-Compartment Eco Silicone Collapsible Lunch Box