November 2, 2022Review Post
Table of Contents
- 1. Food Travel Kit
- 2. Button Earring Holder
- 3. Travel Car Organizer
- 4. Ziploc Bag Outfit Storage
- 5. Glasses Case Cord Storage
- 6. Pill Box Turned Jewelry Case
- 7. DIY Travel Entertainment Pack for Kids
- 8. DIY Road Trip I Spy Game
- 9. Easy Toothbrush Holders
- 10. Sticky Wrap Necklace Storage
- 11. Dollar Store Shower Caddy Food Holder
- 12. Shower Cap Shoe Keeper
- 13. Liquid Cosmetic Storage Hack
- 14. Plastic Wrap Toiletry Leak Guard
- 15. Curling Iron Oven Mitt Storage
- Check out more great ideas and hacks to keep the fun going all summer long...
- Plus, don't miss 17 Hacks for the Beach...
Before you take that next flight or hit the road on a car trip or even visit the beach, check out this roundup of 15 genius travel hacks!
You’ll save time, money and energy, plus avoid many common travel frustrations with these tips for everything from organizing your clothes in luggage, to packing toiletries and jewelry safely, to making traveling fun with games—and more!
- Keep your home clean and organized this summer with 15 Helpful House Hacks.
- Create a beautiful backyard garden with 21 Genius Gardening Hacks.
1. Food Travel Kit
From jtanddolly via DISboards.com
As someone who you really don’t want to see hangry, I love this Food Travel Kit. Customize it to suit your family’s tastes, and avoid all manner of disaster.
2. Button Earring Holder
There’s almost nothing more frustrating than realizing that you’ve only got one of your favorite earrings left. That’s why this Button Earring Holder is ingenious. I can’t wait to try this one out!
3. Travel Car Organizer
From Martha Stewart
Using just a shoe bag and some organizational know-how, Martha will take your car from mayhem into tidy bliss, or at least organized chaos.
4. Ziploc Bag Outfit Storage
From All Things Simple
This Ziploc Bag Outfit Storage idea is great if you have really young kids, prone to getting real messy, real quick. It’s awesome to grab and go, and even if there are additional spills, all the outfits are protected in their own individual baggies. Perfect!
5. Glasses Case Cord Storage
In today’s world, cords and cables are more important than ever, especially if you’re on a road trip. Keep all your cords in a pencil or glasses case, and you’ll be able to access them in a snap.
6. Pill Box Turned Jewelry Case
From Polkadot Chair
If you’re going to a conference, or a trip with lots of outfit changes and jewellery necessary, then this is a great way to keep yourself organized for each day.
7. DIY Travel Entertainment Pack for Kids
From Making of a Mom
This is an awesome do-ahead road trip hack that will save you a whole lot of grief once you’re traveling. You can even get your kids to help you pack their boxes up before you leave!
8. DIY Road Trip I Spy Game
From Making of a Mom
This is an awesome game if your kids aren’t quite at reading age yet. All you need for the DIY Road Trip I Spy Game are craft organizers, the free printables, and Twizzlers Bites. Sorted!
9. Easy Toothbrush Holders
From Francesco Mugnai via One Crazy House
This is a great way to keep things hygienic when you’re on the road, without having to pack too much extra stuff. Just pop a couple of pegs in your bag as you leave, and you’re done.
10. Sticky Wrap Necklace Storage
From I Heart Naptime
This Sticky Wrap Necklace Storage is a super simple way to avoid the hassle of tangled chains and necklaces, which can be really annoying to separate!
11. Dollar Store Shower Caddy Food Holder
From Lookie What I Did
This Dollar Store Shower Caddy Food Holder truly is a road trip hack. Divide orders up, and keep food together simply by popping it all in a cheap shower caddy. This will (probably) stop spills too!
12. Shower Cap Shoe Keeper
Keep dirty shoes off your clothes by putting them in a shower cap — an old school travel hack that works wonders. This Shower Cap Shoe Keeper is definitely worth a try, wherever you’re traveling.
13. Liquid Cosmetic Storage Hack
Cosmetics can actually take up a whole lot of space if you take full-size products with you on your travels, and they might be too big to take on flights. That’s why this travel hack is so clever — keep your liquid cosmetics, especially foundation, in a contact lens case.
14. Plastic Wrap Toiletry Leak Guard
From Pop Sugar
This travel hack helps prevent spills and messes in your bag — just pop a square of plastic wrap under the lid of your cosmetics, do the lid up tightly, and you’re sorted.
15. Curling Iron Oven Mitt Storage
From RealSimple, as seen on Society 19
This hack is perfect if you’re in a bit of a rush. Because oven mitts are usually heat proof, you can quickly pack your curling iron away and be out of the door in no time, even if you don’t have time to let it cool.