Easy Corn Casserole Recipe
Like most kids, mine are all about surprises and sweet treats during the holiday season. Back in the day I remember feeling the same way. But today, a beautiful presentation of fruits and special savory dishes excite me just as much as traditional Christmas sweets. This simple corn casserole is one of the comfort foods worthy of special occasions.
When I was younger I used to get sick every Christmas. I eventually found out I am allergic to pine trees! I suppose all the sugar treats I ate helped push me over the edge too.
My history has proven wholesome food, an artificial tree, and only a few sweet indulgences keep me feeling my best and enjoying the Christmas season even more.
So my boys benefit from my experience.
And mmm…corn casserole! Not only does our whole family love it, it’s easy to put together.
Presenting this delicious casserole in individual ramekins makes the recipe seem even more choice but it’s the quality ingredients that take it over the top.
Horizon Organics are the better-for-you ingredients that bump the taste into the realm of special. I think of corn casserole as a tasty side dish but my little guys would make this corn casserole their entire meal if I let them.
Of course, they still ask for “more cookies, please.”
- 1 8.5 ounce box cornbread mix
- 1 can corn, drained
- 8 ounces Horizon Organic Sour Cream
- 1 stick Horizon Organic Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic Milk
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic Shreds Cheddar Cheese
- 4-6 Horizon American Cheese Singles
- In a medium sized bowl, mix everything together except the cheese slices.
- Divide between 4-6 ramekins and bake at 400 degrees for 25-27 minutes.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each ramekin and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week