Classic Goulash with Bacon
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
In the midst of shopping for school supplies, football equipment and new clothes, I’m on the lookout for awesome mealtime recipes. I know I will need to be even more intentional about menu planning with the busier fall schedule just ahead. I want recipes that don’t take hours to prepare but still taste great. I’m determined we will continue to eat dinner together as a family no matter how busy things get! A dish like this classic goulash gets a “thumbs up” from all my guys. You have no idea how rare that is!
Back-to-school is taking on new meaning in our family this season. After several years of homeschooling, my oldest is returning to the public school system. He’s lobbied for this decision for the past six months—very effectively!
My son, who hates early rising, even set his alarm clock and got up earlier than necessary just to prove he could keep regular school hours! Yes, I was impressed.
I think the friends Jorryn has made through playing sports has made him even more interested in being with the gang throughout the day. He’s at that age where he wants to be with his friends more anyway. Sniff.
Anyway, all of my guys really like Italian-style food so that taste is part of our regular meal rotation. You’ll always find pasta sauce in my pantry!
While at Kroger last week, I picked up the Traditional, Meat, 4 Cheese and Roasted Garlic from the RAGU Homestyle line. The bold flavors and thick and hearty texture make it taste homemade, without that effort on my part. This busy mama likes that.
I also like that RAGU Homestyle Sauces contain no artificial colors or flavors and there’s no high-fructose corn syrup. It seems like that stuff is in almost everything these days.
I’ve read that families who regularly eat dinner together are healthier and relationally stronger. That everyday banter and just being together supposedly helps kids talk about their significant issues and shows them you think they’re important. In turn, that leads to better grades and better behavior choices.
Somebody set the table!
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ½ box cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 jars RAGU Homestyle Traditional Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 7 strips of cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add 2 jars of RAGU sauce and Worcestershire sauce to ground beef. Stir until the Worcestershire sauce is completely mixed into the sauce. Add the pasta and stir to coat.
- Stir in half the cheese until melted.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle on the top—you won’t believe the extra “wow” it adds to this dish! Top with the rest of the cheddar.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week