A Bug Bash Birthday Dessert Table
We bugged out a bit (literally), when designing this boy’s bug bash birthday dessert table! It’s hard not going crazy over a party theme when the graphic design work inspiring your styling is so awesome. We have our in-house Spaceships and Laser Beams crew member Andrew to thank for that. We’re excited for you to inspect the delicate intricacies of our bug bash! Focus on the fine bug inspired details executed throughout the desserts and styling captured by Mike.
- You might go bug-eyed over these unique bug themed birthday supplies.
- Fly over and check out these 20 bug themed birthday ideas.
If you’ve ever visited an entomologist’s office, you may have seen perfectly curated collections of beautiful insect specimens mounted in display cases. That was the look we were going for with our dessert table backdrop. Using rustic items you might find in a potter’s shed to serve some of our desserts, all of our sweets were inspired by insects. They were so fun to create!
One of my personal favorites was the insect “nests” crafted from flakey pie crust by our very own Catherine of Goodness Bakeshop. Adding bug themed labels with creepy bug themed names increased the coolness factor for party guests. Would you eat an insect’s nest?
Next up were flower pot inspired “dirt” cupcakes dressed up in printable cupcake wrappers and topped with incredible bug fondant toppers by Edible Details. These seemed like an amusing nature inspired cupcake choice, and we loved including them on our dessert table.
Our next dessert table choice was fun to create! Would you believe I used raisins, mulberries and dried mangoes to make the “bees” topping the vanilla mousse cups? It’s amazing what you can create when you put your mind to it! Printable labels were added to the fronts of the mousse to tie together the graphic design elements.
Another original dessert table treat was “died fruit” cookies. Displayed on cork board similar to mounted specimens, our edible bugs were pinned to their cookies after being prepped for their sweet “death”. Death by sugar cookie sounds pretty good to me.
Honeycomb is such a beautiful part of nature. One of the desserts I was inspired to DIY were these chocolate replicas, made by melting chocolate wafers, adding a little bit of oil and pouring over bubble wrap prior to refrigerating. Isn’t the result spectacular? We named them “insect hive pieces” and included them in kraft favor bags with a cute bug themed thank you. “We want to say thank you before you leaf” tags were pinned on with natural colored clothespins.
Thanks for flying by and checking out the creepy cool details of this fun bug bash birthday dessert table! It has quickly become one of our favorite boy birthday party themes!
Looking for party supplies for your bug bash birthday party? We think you’ll love these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
- BUG Insect PARTY Table Decor/page/12 Beverage Straws/16 LUNCHEON NAPKINS/25′ Party TAPE Streamers
- SALE Birthday Bugs Hanging Cutouts SALE
- Darice 1029-03 16-Piece Plastic Insects, 2-Inch
- Bug Eyed Insects Birthday Party Supplies Set Plates Napkins Cups Kit for 16
- SEOH Petri Dish 100 x 15Mm 20/Pk
- Albanese Assorted Mini Fruit Worms 2-Inch, 5-Pounds
- Plastic Magnifying Glasses (1 dz)
- SALE Birthday Bugs Stringer SALE
- Realistic Gummy Bugs – Candy & Goodies – 454G
- 3 Bug Mylar Balloons – A Spider, a Bee and a Cricket – Party Decor
- Fox Run 5 Piece Insect Cookie Cutter Set
- Beistle 57161 2-Pack Packaged Tissue Grass MatsParty Decoration, 15 by 30-Inch
- 3 Plastic Ants Cake Toppers
- Mini Plastic Toy Ants 1 1/2″ (Approx 72 Pcs)
- Bugs Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake 12 Count
- Leaf Collage Recycled Paper Bag – Package of 5
- 100 Natural Kraft Merchandise Bags, 5″x7-1/2″, No Gusset
- Bark Textured Glass Serving Bowl
- Bark Textured Glass Serving Dish
- Durable Glass Beverage Dispenser with Spigot and Stand 1.5 Gallons
Be sure to check out more bug birthday ideas here:
Plus, don’t miss A Boy’s Bug Themed 3rd Birthday Party…