An Olympic 4th Birthday Party
Graphic Designer/mama Chantelle Doll, of Dolled Up Design, went for the party planning gold with winning ideas for her son’s Olympic themed 4th birthday party! Her son was born during the 2010 Olympics and Chantelle spent most of her time in labor watching the Games (what inspiration for her own event!). Fast forward 4 years and Chantelle realized it was once again time for the Winter Olympics—what a perfect celebration for her little boy!
- Check out this All-Star Sports Boy Birthday Party!
- Brush up on the competition with these sports party ideas.
Camden’s birthday happened to fall on the day of Closing Ceremonies for the Sochi games, just in time for his birthday brunch! Chantelle’s Olympic themed invitations and printable decorations are awesome! Look for the many stellar ideas she incorporated into activities, decorations, favors and food. Even though we are past the actual Olympic season, a set of your own “Olympic” games is a terrific idea for any boy’s birthday party.
Chantelle notified guests of the “Olympic-sized” celebration by designing adorable Olympic invitations with a graphic illustration of her little boy. “Faster. Higher. Stronger.” Isn’t that a great tagline for a birthday invite?!
I really like the festive place settings Chantelle designed; she dressed the table with colorful flag runners and matching plates that were layered with gold star-shaped dinner plates, Canadian flag-shaped napkins and small medals she made from ribbons glued to chocolate coins. Centerpieces were made from gold colored cardboard trees Chantelle found at after Christmas sales. Planning ahead paid off!
A beautiful fireplace in the event space was transformed into a theme coordinating focal point. Chantelle constructed an impressive Olympic Rings Display from inexpensive plumbing insulation tubes and streamers. It looks amazing hanging above the cozy fireplace! A printable Olympic banner—designed by Chantelle—also hung from the fireplace. The entire arrangement was a great backdrop for the food table.
Chantelle included food and sweets tables and came up with clever food choices that tied into the theme. For the brunch items she displayed bowls of fruit in the Olympic ring colors, fruit and yogurt parfaits, sugared bacon smokies, raspberry cream cheese french toast roll-ups, mini quiche, two-bite cinnamon buns and three types of muffins. I am blown away by the DIY mountain display stands Chantelle fashioned out of dollar store foam core to display her mini cinnamon buns and muffins!
A colorful dessert table showcased sugar cookies with an M&M Olympic logo, curling rock brownies, hot chocolate mousse served in mini cups, and, of course, birthday cake whose layers were made in the five Olympic colors! I love how Chantelle used Mylar balloons in the Olympic ring colors to create a simple, but impactful, backdrop for her display.
Thoughtful accents like a homemade torch and more 3-D trees added to the tabletop décor. A custom made bunting hung from the front of the display, adding a pop of color.
Olympic hopefuls were kept busy at the decorate-your-own medal table. They had fun stringing colored pasta and a juice can lid onto ribbon to create their own Olympic medals. Guests were also kept entertained with a “pin the rocks” on the rings game, bouncy castle, mini hockey nets, sticks and pucks.
Fun activities and great favors make a winning combination. Chantelle scored a great deal on the mini hockey sets at end of summer sales; she purchased enough so each child could play at the party and they also got to take them home. Keeping with the hockey theme, personalized treat bags were stuffed with small Zamboni toys, a foam hockey ball and a small bag of hockey player shaped candies.
I’m really impressed with Chantelle’s savvy décor and activity ideas; her labors of love produced a precious son and a terrific party!
Planning an Olympic birthday party? Check out these party supplies put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Box of 100 Different World Flags Country Flags Toothpick Flags Perfect for the Olympics
- 12 Winner Medals
- International Flag Banner
- Electric Silk Faux-Flame Battery Operated Torch Light
- International Flag Plates Party Accessory (1 count) (8/Pkg)
- Sports Party Rings
- Mini International Flag Cutouts Party Accessory
- Printed International Flag Table Runner Party Accessory
- Libbey 6-Piece Fountain Shoppe Parfait Glass Set
- Reflections Elegant Petite Mini Tasting Spoons 50 Per Pack
- Plastic Star-Shaped Serving Trays Red White and Blue – 3 Pack
- Franklin Sports NHL Mini Hockey Goal Set of 2
- Vinyl Olympic Games Olympian Colors Jelly Bracelets – 144 pcs
- 10 Large Olympic Ring Temporary Tattoos
- Libbey 6-inch Star-shaped Candy Bowl
- Avery Small Tent Cards, 2 x 3.5 Inches, White, Box of 160 (5302)
- Generic New Arrival Glowing Mask Masquerade Party Props LED Flashing Glasses Size 88.2X44.1X88.2 Color Full Color
- Elenco 11″ Desktop Political Globe
Be sure to check out more boy birthday party ideas here:
- The Heist- Sams Police Themed 4th Birthday Party
- A Little Man 4th Birthday Party
- Duck Dynasty Party Idea: Duck Dynast Breakfast Birthday
Plus, don’t miss 17 Olympic Party Ideas We Love…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week