11 Baptism and Christening Reception Party Ideas
Deciding to have your child christened or baptized is a reason to praise and celebrate! It’s a time to invite family and friends to gather ’round for a party and talk about the reason for all of it. I want to share with you some precious ways for you and your family to celebrate this important commemoration with these Baptism and Christening Party Ideas that we have shared on Spaceships and Laser Beams. The theme ideas include lambs, sheep, elephants, birds, hot air balloons, blue and gold colors, autumn colors, blue and white (with lace-lovely!), nautical motifs, and travelling. Get ready to be inspired!
- Check out this list of 30 Boy Baby Shower Gifts and Favor Ideas for great ideas and inspiration.
- Don’t miss on on these Beautiful Baby Baptism Reception Party Ideas.
1. Blue and Gold Boys Baptism Party :: The Sweet Society
Blue and white pin-stripes pair with tan and gold accents in this regal blue and gold boy’s baptism party. The inviting dessert table can easily be created using a tiered table skirt, monochromatic flowers, and large variety of clear apothecary jars filled with coordinating candy and embellished with ribbon ties and printable labels.
2. Fall Themed Baptism Party Ideas :: GreyGrey Designs
Celebrate a fall baptism with a fall themed baptism party! This one comes complete with ombre fall hues and textures used to decorate place settings, a refreshment area and pie dessert table.
3. Elephant Themed Baptism for Boys Party :: The Sweet Society via Spaceships and Laser Beams
The sweetness of a baby elephant and shades of blue, yellow and green pair with patterns of polka dots and chevron creating a special elephant themed baptism party. So many thoughtful details like printable toppers, party flags and labels were added to candy jars, beverage jars, cupcakes and favor boxes to build lasting memories of a lovely celebration.
4. Sweet Sheep Christening Party Ideas :: Festa Com Gosto via Spaceships and Laser Beams
Cheery shades of yellow and pure white create a true atmosphere of joy in this sweet sheep christening party. Look for cute stuffed little lambs featured throughout the celebration space, and made from fondant to accent the cake, cupcakes and cake balls. There are even sweet felt sheep on wooden skewers embellishing beautiful, yellow rose flower arrangements.
5. Baby Lamb Themed Baptism for Boys Party :: Oh So Chic Celebrations via Spaceships and Laser Beams
Incorporating a religious symbol such as a baby lamb into your baptism party theme can bring a special significance. You’ll notice the baby lamb used on the stationary items, featured on the desserts like cupcakes, cookies, cake pops and cake too!
6. Baby Boy Christening Party Ideas :: Simply Sienna
One mother chose to throw her baby boy a travel themed christening party, focusing on the beginning steps of his faith journey. Globes, vintage style maps, luggage and travel books were styled into a gorgeous celebratory dessert table featuring a beautiful cake, popcorn cones, crucifix sugar cookies and other sweet treats.
7. Super Sweet Baptism for Boys :: Maddy K Weddings and Events Atelier
If you’re aiming for a super sweet baptism for your little boy, this one full of adorable birdie details and fun, light-hearted colors will impress you! We especially love the 3-tiered cake and sugar cookie favors with darling fondant bird details, but everything from beautiful place settings to a full dessert table is awesome!
8. Hot Air Balloon Baptism Party :: Styled by Belle
You’re sure to be carried away by the amazing styling and elegant details of this hot air balloon baptism party which boasts a gorgeous sky inspired cake and full dessert table, plus airy decorations. I’m obsessed with the hot air balloon props, but also love the cloud cookie pops and cupcakes!
9. Twin Boys Christening Celebration :: Nicole Maier
Lace detailing and shades of pastel blue are carried out in the styling of this twin boys christening celebration. The delicate lace detailing originated with the invitation sent to guests and was carried out on the christening gowns, the coordinating cakes and via the lace doily backdrop display for the dessert table. You won’t want to miss any of the thoughtful details.
10. Key to my Heart Christening Celebration :: Simply Sienna
How will you honor your little prince’s christening? If he holds the key to your heart, a celebration like this one may be the answer. Royal inspired cookies and cakes, menus, place settings and favor bags with sweet “key to my heart” details make this key to my heart christening celebration extra special.
11. Nautical Themed Christening :: Avie and Lulu
If you’re gathering a crew of friends and family for a nautical themed christening, set your sights on this beautiful celebration featuring a gorgeous dessert table with the most scenic water view as its backdrop. Starfish sugar cookies, fondant life-preserver topped cupcakes, anchor embellished cake pops and favor bags and macarons are just a few of the highlights!
Planning a christening celebration? Take a look at these sources gathered by the Spaceships and Laser Beams team.
(Amazon Affiliae Links)
- Floral Cross Celebration Cupcake Kit
- Cake Sparkles
- Christening Paper Lanterns
- Christening Cake Kit
- Sweet Christening Decorating Kit
- Cross and Doves Balloons
- Silver Cross Themed Candle Favors
- Wilton Cross Pan
- Christening Party Personalized Napkins
- Unity Pillar Candle
- DCommunion and Christening Party Favors
- Something in The Air Birdcage Cake Stand
- Chocolate Communion and Christening Cross
- Edible Image Christening Baby
- Blessings Favor Box
- Delicate Blessings Cross
- Christening Honeycomb Garland
- Chevron Paper Straws
Be sure to check out more great parties perfect for a baby shower, baptism, or birthday.
- A Vintage Style Baby Shower Dessert Table
- Little Peanut Elephant Baby Shower
- A Stunning Gender Neutral Baby Shower
Plus, check out A Sweet Boy’s Baptism Party…