Party Boy Fashion Friday
How to DIY a Boy’s Bow Tie
Hi, I’m Stephanie P with Fourth and Hazel Photography for AWESOME kids,back with another guest post for Spaceships and Laser Beams.
Easter is just around the corner and today I want to share with you a super easy DIY, no sew $1 bow tie that would look fantastic on your little man. Pretty cute right?
Plus, take a peek at these 13 Stinking Cute Boy’s Hairstyles!
Chances are really good that you already have all of the items needed to make these darling bow ties and you can whip one (or 5) up in no time. All you need to complete this easy DIY is some fabric, a bobbi pin and a glue gun. I picked up .15m of this gingham green fabric at my local fabric store. It cost me a whopping $1.25 and I can probably get 5 bow ties from this amount. I cut it in a 9″x5″ rectangle (this is where the gingham came in handy as the cut lines were built in) and cut a couple of smaller lengths for the middle piece and back cover.
- Simply fold your fabric ends into the middle so that when it’s folded it is approx 1.5″ in height. *
- Then fold the ends into each other to meet in the middle (Figure 4+5).This width should be approx 4″ in length.
- Flip it over and pinch the ends in toward the middle to pucker the fabric.
- Wrap a piece of the same fabric around the middle and secure at the back with some hot glue. (ribbon would work well here too)
Add another drop or two of glue to secure your bobbi pin and you’re done! For younger kids you may want to use a different fastener and one that is not as easy for them to remove. To secure the bobbi pin to the bow tie a little more you could glue another small piece of fabric between the bobbi pin pins.
There are so many ways you can use your new bow ties. Here are just a few:
- Birthday (Mad Science, Classic Circus, Little Man)
- Back to School Picture
- Embellishment to gift wrap (think Father’s Day)
- Photo booth prop
- Wedding Attire
- Easter and other holidays
- School Concerts
- Halloween Costume accessory
At a $1/piece you can find just about any occasion to wear one!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week