November 14, 2021Review Recipe
Who is Santa’s best friend? Frosty? Rudolph?
Personally, I think it is Mrs. Claus. She lives in perpetual winter and puts up with elves, snowmen, and reindeer, all because of loving Santa. Plus, she bakes Santa sweet treats…like these cute Rudolph cupcake ideas. What a bestie!
- These Gingerbread Cookie Recipe are so much fun to make and even better to eat.
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- red food coloring
- cupcake liners
- small candy canes
- red candy for the nose—I used the Christmas packaged crispy M&Ms
- candy eyes
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- parchment paper
- 1 sandwich sized zip lock bag
- 1 large zip lock bag
- Make the cake batter by following directions on the back of the box. Once mixed and smooth, add a few drops of red food coloring. Fill cupcake liners ¾ the way full. Bake according to directions on the box.
- Let cool.
- To make the frosting, add two sticks of softened butter to a medium sized bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until the butter is smooth.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix again on medium speed until smooth.
- Add another 2 C powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Blend until frosting mixture is smooth and fluffy. If needed, add more whipping cream or powdered sugar.
- Once finished, scoop a little bit of frosting into a sandwich sized zip lock bag and the rest in a large zip lock bag. Snip off a small corner for the small bag and a bigger corner for the large bag. Set aside.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper and gather the mini peppermint candy canes, red nose candy, candy eyes, and small zip lock bag full of frosting.
- Squeeze out the frosting on the outside straight edge of the candy cane; add the other candy cane’s straight edge to the frosted candy cane’s side. Lay them flat on the parchment paper.
- Continuing with the small bag of frosting, make three circles: two for the eyes, and one for the nose. Arrange candy pieces on top of frosting. Let set and dry for 10 minutes or so. Repeat to make as many as desired.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting in the large zip lock bag. Add the finished Rudolph topper.
You do not want to miss 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas…