Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
This chili is the best! My simple recipe combines beef and beans with a robust tomato sauce and spices. It’s easy, delicious, homemade meal that is ready in just half an hour.
IngRedients for chili
You will need:
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 small green peppers, about 2 cups diced
- 1 small yellow onion, about 1.5 cups diced
- 2 15 ounce cans Hunts Diced Tomatoes
- 15 ounce can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounce can Hunts Tomato Paste
- 15 ounce water
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Substitutions and additions
Beans: Traditionally you would use kidney beans in this chili. But you could also try another kind of bean such as black beans or pinto beans. You can also increase the beans and reduce the amount of meat — or eliminate the meat altogether to make it a vegetarian option.
How to Make this Chili recipe
STEP ONE: In a large dutch oven, saute the diced peppers and onions until they’re translucent and start to caramelize.
STEP TWO: Add in your seasoning, minus the baking soda. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
PRO TIP: You don’t want anything to burn, so make sure you keep stirring!
STEP THREE: Add your ground meat and brown until it’s just done. It’s okay if it still has some pink in it before you add the rest of your ingredients because you’re going to continue cooking it.
STEP FOUR: Pour in your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and water.
STEP FIVE: Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the drained beans.
STEP SIX: Stir in the baking soda. This will cause the sauce to start to bubble up. Keep stirring over medium heat until the bubbles have gone away.
STEP SEVEN: Remove from heat and you’re ready to serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in a airtight container and then place in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Enjoy this easy chili recipe with your family soon. I absolutely love it and it’s some of my favorite kitchen time memories we make together.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- 2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 small green peppers about 2 cups diced
- 1 small yellow onion about 1.5 cups diced
- 2 15 oz cans Hunts Diced Tomatoes
- 15 oz can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 6 oz can Hunts Tomato Paste
- 15 oz water
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a large dutch oven, saute diced peppers and onions until translucent and they start to caramelize.
- Add seasonings (minus the baking soda) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Make sure they don’t burn.
- Add ground meat and brown until just done. It’s okay if it still has some pink in it before you add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, and tomato paste.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and cook for about 15 minutes. Then add the drained beans.
- Stir in the baking soda. The sauce will start to bubble up. Stir over medium heat until the bubbles have gone away.
- Remove from heat and serve.