Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
This cool, creamy chocolate lasagna recipe is the ultimate homemade dessert — sweet and delicious, you’ll be in love! The chocolate Oreo cookie crust creates the perfect base for the sweet layers of delicious pudding, cream cheese, and Cool Whip that come next.
This traditional favorite is a spin off my Nannie’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna, which is another homemade dessert you can create from scratch — and it’s no-bake as well! Some of my other favorite no bake dessert recipes include our No Bake Peanut Butter Pie, Strawberry Jello Pie and our No Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie.
Our entire family absolutely loves this easy layered chocolate lasagna. Since it’s served cold, the sweet creamy filling creates a simple, delicious, light dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
We typically make this chocolate lasagna recipe in a 9×13 casserole dish, but you can also make this amazing, cool classic dessert in pie form. You could also layer in a parfait dish. Either way is yummy!
I’ve always loved spending time in the kitchen with my Nannie. Her no-bake light and fluffy desserts made with cookie crust, pudding, and Cool Whip rank as some of my favorites (try her Strawberry Angel Food Cake for another family favorite).
You’ll probably find yourself licking the bowl as you make this recipe… I always do! Other amazing chocolate recipes include our Better than Sex Cake, Chocolate Pudding Cake, Chocolate Poke Cake, and our Doubletree cookies.
Chocolate Lasagna Ingredients you will need
For this cool, and creamy treat layered chocolate lasagna, we’ll need to gather a few items before we get started mixing:
- 1 5.1-ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 5.1-ounce box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 14.3 oz package of Oreo cookies (regular, not double stuffed)
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 16 oz of cool whip
- ½ a cup of melted margarine or butter
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup
- Optional topping: Chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy
How to Make a Chocolate Lasagna
Once you see how quick it is to make and how tasty the chocolate is, you’ll want to make this simple, homemade delight over and over again.
There are four layers for this traditional dessert lasagna. Let’s get started making them!
For the first layer:
Add whole Oreos to the food processor and pulse until the crumbles are even. Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos for topping.
Mix the remaining crushed Oreos with half a cup of melted margarine, then pat onto the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
You could also make this in pie or parfait form if you wanted!
Place your dish in the fridge to chill.
For the second layer:
Mix eight ounces of cream cheese, 8 ounces of Cool Whip, and one cup of powdered sugar together, then spread over the cooled first layer. Place back in the refrigerator to continue chilling.
For the third layer:
Mix one small package of instant vanilla pudding and one small package of instant chocolate pudding together with three cups of cold milk. Spread onto the second layer.
For the fourth layer:
Spread Cool Whip over the third layer and sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos. Drizzle a light layer of chocolate syrup over the entire cake.
Finally, top with chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy chopped into small pieces and pop back into the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
I hope your family enjoys this chocolate lasagna as much as mine does. I think it’ll be a favorite in no time! This amazing, light dessert is served cold and is no-bake, making it a good option for warmer months. I’ve taken it to several potlucks and cookouts. It goes fast and people often beg for the recipe.
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Custard Pie <- Reader Favorite!
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Lemon Poke Cake <- A Family Favorite!
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake
- Butter Pecan Crunch
- Oatmeal Cake <- My Personal Favorite
- Lemon Lush
More Amazing Chocolate Desserts:
- 1 5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 5.1 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 14.3 oz package of oreo cookies regular, not double stuffed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz cool whip
- 1/2 cup margarine melted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy optional
- Add the whole Oreos to food processor and pulse until crumbles are even. Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos for the topping.
- Mix crushed Oreos with half a cup of melted margarine.
- Pat onto the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 8 ounces Cool Whip and one cup powdered sugar together. Spread over cooled ﬁrst layer. Place back in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix one package instant vanilla pudding and one package instant chocolate pudding together with three cups of cold milk. Spread on top of the second layer.
- Finally, spread 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the third layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbled Oreos.
- Drizzle a light layer of chocolate syrup over the entire cake.
- Top with chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy chopped into small pieces, if you like.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.