Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love to bake! Cookies were the first things I ever made and I suppose because I felt so successful, I have always taken particular pleasure in stirring up a batch. Domingo and the boys are always appreciative when I make any kind of homemade cookies, but they all have their favorites. If I want to surprise my Papa, I always make a nice soft version, like sour cream drops or vanilla sugar cookies. One of my personal favorites is a very chocolatey cookie. And whenever I take a plate of the freshly baked orbs to work, I can guarantee I will receive lots of appreciative smiles. And who doesn’t like to feel appreciated?!
Pumpkin is a popular holiday baking ingredient that adds a richness to many dishes. I know everyone is familiar with pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup, but have you ever tried pumpkin cookies? Mmm! This recipe marries chocolate chips with pumpkin and cinnamon for soft and chewy cookies. Sounds like a new holiday favorite to me!
- Kids will love helping make, and eat, these Sweep the Kitchen Cookies.
- These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed full of chocolate and are perfect for chocolate lovers.
SOFT PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, and mix.
2. In separate large bowl add all wet ingredients: egg, vanilla, pumpkin and oil. Mix until well combined.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Let batter set for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Scoop cookies about two tablespoon size onto a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes (time may vary with different ovens).
Bake up something sweet with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great cookie recipes.
- Homemade Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- Easy Gingerbread Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Two-Step Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don’t miss 12 Amazing Homemade Cookie Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Layne is a boy mom in love. Surrounded by three adventurous little men and her ever patient husband, she's in pursuit of an empty laundry basket, the perfect cup of coffee, and sleep. She blogs, parents, and manages social media while wearing her tiara. You can join her party at My Best Laid Plans and Coupons with Q.