Easy Mixed Up Lasagna Casserole Recipe
It’s no secret that I’m a busy mama. I work from home in the blog world and I’m also an administrative assistant in my outside job. We homeschool our boys, just the older two officially, but the youngest gets in on the action too. And then there are the extra-curricular sports. Of course you’ve got to keep the house in order, gotta have clean clothes, and especially need to eat. That’s high on everyone’s list.
I’m so thankful all of my guys like pasta dishes. They’re versatile, easy to pull together and economical. Although my guys are hearty eaters, I don’t want to burn them out on a favorite. When we were at Kroger, as part of a sponsored post, I picked up the new Bertolli Riserva Asiago Cheese and Artichokes Sauce to add a bit of variety. It added a nice zing.
We added a fresh, green salad and warm, crusty bread. I thought of putting the kids’ drinks in wine glasses for kicks, but then decided I’d probably end up with a broken glass or two. I’m happy to report juice in a plastic glass pairs beautifully with this meal.
Easy Mixed Up Lasagna
- Fry one pound of hamburger with one large, chopped sweet onion until hamburger is no longer pink or until it is to your preference. You may also add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil 2 cups of rotini pasta until al dente.
- Mix hamburger/onion with one cup of cottage cheese.
- Add one jar Bertolli Riserva Pasta Sauce — any flavor your family loves!
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased casserole dish (I used 10” x 15”).
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week