No-Churn Root Beer Float Ice Cream
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? Yup. Thats something to celebrate! In my opinion, ice cream should be a main category on the food pyramid. Evidently Im not the only one who thinks like that, at least in America. Statistics show we eat about 48 pints of ice cream per person every year. Im guessing our family is above average on that one, especially in summer. We just happen to be living within walking distance of our local ice cream bar.
Store bought or homemade, summer or winter, I love ice cream! When I was a kid, I didnt care for pop too much but I did (and do) like root beer. It just seems like summer and root beer go together, especially if you add ice cream to the mix. You cant let summer go by without having at least one, frosty, root beer float. You could also make this no-churn root beer ice cream more than once in a summer. You dont even need an ice cream maker.
- Don’t miss these 11 Quick & Easy Summer Strawberry Desserts for a sweet summer treat.
- Cool down this summer with these 7 Frozen Treat Recipes everyone will love.
NO-CHURN ROOT BEER ICE CREAM
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1-10 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon root beer flavor extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whip the whipped cream on medium-low speed for up to 10 minutes, until frothy peaks form.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a second bowl and add the flavor extracts. Mix thoroughly, and then slowly add the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream, being careful not to over mix.
- Transfer the entire contents into a standard sized loaf pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight. Helpful tip: dont forget to lick the spindles clean before putting them in the dish washer.
National Ice Cream Day is July 19th this year. That would be this weekend. That probably means we should all eat double portions to show our appreciation.
Create your own delicious summer dessert with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great treats perfect for summer.
Don’t miss 13 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week