M&M’s Crispy Pinata Cake
I love this fun and easy to make cake. It’s packed with sweet flavor and bright colors which makes it a fun treat to serve for any occasion!
- Kids will love indulging on this Fruit Pebbles Marshmallow Roll for dessert.
- Celebrate the summer with this delicious Retro Pistachio Cook Whip Salad.
It had been years since I had M&M’s Crispy candies. By a happy mistake while on vacation, we grabbed a bag to enjoy. I love finding old treats like this to enjoy — total nostalgia.
I’ve always loved surprise inside cakes, so this seemed like a natural combo. Since you could switch up colors, it’s also a great addition to a party food table.
This pinata cake is a fun surprise for a weeknight dinner or a party with friends. Everyone loves the bright colors of M&M’s plus the surprise inside.
M&M’s Crispy Pinata Cake
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bag of M&M’s® Crispy
- 3x 1/8 cup candy melts, in three colors of your choosing
- 3x teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Mix crispy rice cereal with melted marshmallows, vanilla and butter until completely coated.
- Use damp hands to press the mixture into the pan, it’s much easier as you’re not having to deal with marshmallow sticking to you. You’ll want to use an 8″ spring form pan. You’ll have four layers total.
- Between each layer, you’ll use your melted candy melts. Melt an 1/8 cup of candy melts on high in two, ten-second increments. Add in about a teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin. Spread over layer and let set.
- To create the inside cavity, you’ll use a large, circular cookie cutter to cut through the center of the two middle layers. Then, fill the space with M&M’s Crispy.
- Calories: 1499
- Sugar: 167
- Sodium: 305
- Fat: 26
- Saturated Fat: 15
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 310
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 32
Create your own special dessert treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more delicious chocolate dessert ideas.
Don’t miss out on 14 Copycat Chocolate Bar Recipes…Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.