Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Recipe
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are mine.
Life has been crazier than it should be around here lately. Getting our house ready to sell took time and energy but looking for a new house has been even worse. I had no idea finding a new house would be such a daunting task!
We thought we found our new place, only to learn that someone else found it first. Grr. I find I’m racing to meet our move-out date, racing against the next person who might want the house we want, racing to maintain some normalcy in life. I’m kinda out of breath.
And everyone still needs to eat. Me included. This week I bought Tyson® Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips and used them in a deliciously easy Teriyaki Chicken and Rice dish. I’m so glad I don’t have to race to catch the chicken before making dinner! A spin through Walmart filled up my grocery cart, provided an easy meal and gave me at least one thing I could check off my to-do list.
Our whole family likes Asian style food—including my picky little eater, Sam. Using prepared breaded chicken makes it easy to fix a balanced and delicious meal. Tyson® breaded chicken is the real deal—there are no preservatives, it’s 100% natural and it’s made with white meat chicken so it’s an excellent protein source. There are half a dozen Tyson breaded chicken options and now they have 65% less breading compared to the original Crispy Chicken Strips. That means more meat with the same breaded taste, which is better for you.
Ready to try my recipe? Your life doesn’t have to be in crazy mode like mine is, but I bet you can find something else to do with the time you save making an uncomplicated dinner. 🙂
- Cook chicken according to package directions.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1. Measure soy sauce and water in a measuring cup then stir in 2 tablespoons corn starch.
- 2. Pour into a small sauce pan and add brown sugar, white wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes.
- 3. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Turn off and let cool.
- Cook rice according to package directions and add 1 heaping cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- Serve chicken over rice and pour sauce over top, garnishing with green onions.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week