Party Crafts and DIY
28 LEGO Tables with Storage We Love
Are you tired of stepping on LEGO everywhere? I am. And it’s inspired me to collect the best DIY LEGO table ideas with storage that I could find!
- Learn How to Make LEGO Soap Party Favors your guests will love!
- Do not miss these 6 LEGO Party Games and Activities for lots of fun at your next party.
What types of DIY LEGO tables are in this post?
There are ideas for easily constructed LEGO tables that offer up plenty of drawer space to store and organize LEGO pieces by size or color.
- Great IKEA LEGO table hacks – including how to easily turn the IKEA LACK side table and the IKEA TROFAST into LEGO playing tables with storage.
- Tray solutions so kids can play with their LEGO on the floor but then easily put them out of sight when it’s time to clean up.
- Suggestions for re-purposing older pieces of furniture you already have – check out the example on how to turn your existing train table into a LEGO table, as well as how to reuse a coffee table as a rockin’ LEGO table.
- If you’re feeling ambitious, there are directions and plans for How to Make a LEGO Table out of Wood, as well as for a portable LEGO creation station.
- For a quick fix, see the examples for using plastic bins.
- Clever ideas that double as home decor, at least for a boy’s bedroom.
Check them out and get ready to see your floor again!
1. Easiest Ever DIY LEGO Play Table :: Chaos and Love
Would you believe you can put together your own DIY LEGO play table in a matter of minutes for only about $30? Believe it! This tutorial may be the easiest ever for putting together a LEGO table.
2. LEGO Playhouse :: IKEA Hackers
Transform IKEA shelving into an awesome LEGO playhouse! This LEGO hack is simple and quick.
3. LACK Kids’ Table for LEGO :: IKEA Hackers
Follow this tutorial to add under-table LEGO storage to an IKEA LACK model kids’ table.
4. DIY (Hideaway) LEGO Tray :: Thrifty Decor Chick
If your kids love building with LEGO and you love being able to hide the mess, this DIY LEGO tray made from wood is a great solution. Your kids can use it to build on, and when finished, it easily slides under a sofa until the next round of play.
5. LEGO Storage and Play Table: An Easy IKEA Hack :: That Mommy Blog
This adjustable LEGO table with storage is pure genius! The DIY plans utilize the IKEA TROFAST storage system and combines popular LEGO storage ideas with an adjustable table/shelf that can be used as a building surface. One side is covered with green LEGO baseplates, while the other side is left smooth for a more flexible building option (or other use). Bonus: the shelf/table surface is adjustable, so you can raise the height as your child grows.
6. Repurposed Dresser DIY LEGO Table :: My (Re)purposed Life
This lady must be the Old Dresser Fairy Godmother. She found a no-longer-useful dresser at a thrift store and transformed it into an awesome LEGO play and storage table. It took a few jigsaw cuts, wood scraps, glue, paint, and imagination. She shares details and makes it look easy.
7. How to Make a LEGO Table out of Wood :: HubPages
If you’re handy with tools and you really like the process of building, this detailed tutorial will walk you through the process of making your own LEGO table out of wood, from start to finish. While more time consuming than some of the other ideas, there is the satisfaction of knowing you handcrafted something that will be enjoyed for years.
8. IKEA Hack – DIY LEGO Table :: Fancy Ashley
If you’re tired of stepping on LEGO and want a place for your kids to build and store their LEGO, this IKEA hack DIY LEGO table may be the perfect choice! Besides the IKEA LACK table and organizational drawers, trays and inserts, the only tools you need are a glue gun and mounting tape. No power tools required!
9. LEGO Table for the Floor :: Interior Motive
This awesome LEGO table for the floor is mounted to rolling casters and sized to fit under a bunk bed. The detailed instructions will walk anyone comfortable with power tools through the building process.
10. DIY IKEA TROFAST LEGO Table :: Boxy Colonial
If space is a concern, this single IKEA TROFAST storage unit LEGO table design is a great solution. Assembly is relatively quick and easy.
11. IKEA Side Table to LEGO Table :: The Adventures of Mr. No
This IKEA side table turned LEGO table
12. LEGO Table :: Fussy Monkey Business
This LEGO building table transforms an old drab piece of furniture into a child’s dream building table. Go here and get inspired!
13. Portable DIY LEGO Table :: Our Peaceful Planet
Using a folding TV tray is a simple way to add (and subtract!) LEGO play space. Current projects are off the floor and the table takes up very little storage space.
14. How to Make an Easy LEGO Table :: The Joys of Boys
If you give a kid some LEGO, he is going to need a LEGO building table! For those who don’t have room for a permanent LEGO table, this easy-to-make table is constructed using a 34” Lifetime fold-in-half table, making it storable and very portable.
15. LEGO My Messy LEGOS :: The Ellis Family
This is a great LEGO table and storage solution using the popular IKEA TROFAST storage units. While many similar designs feature LEGO baseplates that are permanently affixed to a wood table top, this design leaves the permanent adhesive out of the plans so the table can be used for other purposes (like playing games), too!
16. DIY LEGO Tray :: Busy Creating Memories
Just when you think you’ve seen all of the DIY LEGO table ideas, this simple idea surfaces! Would you believe it is made from a wooden breakfast serving tray? This makes it easy to store and transport.
17. Portable LEGO Creation Station :: Instructables
This portable LEGO creation station is completely handmade and includes a lot of thought. The creator wanted it to be portable, have adequate and organized parts storage for current in-process builds, as well as fast put-away storage. Also, it folds up for a more compact, neat look. You’ll be amazed to see the end design which should last through a child’s growing-up years.
18. DIY LEGO Table :: Sun Scholars
Using IKEA TROFAST storage units and lidded boxes, this DIY LEGO table is great for those seeking a more permanent LEGO building and storage solution.
19. Lego Table :: Miss Information
Kids will enjoy hours of building fun on this LEGO table created from an IKEA LACK table, building baseplates, and under-table storage bins.
20. Portable LEGO Kit for Little Travelers :: Mama. Papa. Bubba.
When you are on-the-go, or traveling and need a portable kit for your LEGO-lover, this lunchbox LEGO kit is a great little solution!
21. LEGO Play table with Storage :: Centsational Girl
This LEGO meets IKEA LACK table transformation incorporates LEGO road baseplates on top and clear plastic storage bins for LEGO organization underneath. The end result? Awesome and doable by just about anyone!
22. DIY Lego Table :: A Little of This, A Little of That
If you want a LEGO table that has room for building and built-in storage, this DIY design is for you. The plans start with an IKEA INGO table. Use a drill with a spade bit and a jigsaw to cut rectangles from the wood table top for inserting IKEA TROFAST storage buckets.
23. How to Build a LEGO Table :: Kids Activities Blog
Love using power tools and have the necessary skills to build? This LEGO table, made from modifying IKEA components, is a great full-height project.
24. Plastic Bin LEGO Table :: Our Wee Family
The best design feature of this plastic bin LEGO table is that it is not permanently fixed together, allowing flexibility in taking it apart or moving it when needed. It is created from three plastic drawer units with wheels, a four-foot board and LEGO bases adhered to one side of the board, for a super building center.
25. Convert Your Train Table into a LEGO Table :: I Can Teach My Child
Do you have a train table that your children don’t play with very much? Don’t throw it out! Convert it into a LEGO table that can still function as a train table. Adhering LEGO base plates to a piece of MDF cut to fit the inside of your table gives you a removable LEGO building surface. How easy is that?
26. The Ultimate LEGO Table :: Kojo Designs
Instead of buying a LEGO table, build your own for a fraction of the cost! This ultimate LEGO table is made with a basic $8 IKEA table and LEGO base plates glued to the top. But, the fun doesn’t stop there! Hanging buckets and a magnetic strip with metal tins are added for even more LEGO storage.
27. DIY LEGO Wall Storage :: B-Inspired Mama
If space and LEGO organization are the challenges you face, this DIY LEGO wall storage idea is for you. A simple curtain rod, S hooks and handled pails (from the dollar store) make a great place to store LEGO.
28. Coffee Table Reused as a Rockin’ LEGO Table :: Infarrantly Creative
Don’t discount the usefulness of those 1980s Parquet coffee tables just yet—this transformation into a rockin’ LEGO table may just amaze you! A little MDF + liquid nails + a coat of paint = one awesome place to build with LEGO!
Don’t miss these awesome LEGO-themed storage ideas, perfect for LEGO fanatics, gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams…
(Amazon Affilate Links)
- LEGO Storage Brick
- 6 Case Activity Chest with Organizer
- LEGO Storage Head
- LEGO Storage and Sorting Bin
- LEGO Mini Figure Display Case
- LEGO Cinch Bucket
- LEGO Storage Brick Multi Pack
Check out more great LEGO inspiration perfect for Lego fanatics…
- 10 LEGO Storage Ideas You Wish You’d Thought Of
- 18 LEGO Hacks We Are Obsessed With
- 19 LEGO Building Books Every Kid Will Love
Plus, check out 25 LEGO Crafts we are Obsessed With…