Party Crafts and DIY
28 Lego Tables with Storage for Huge Lego Fans
Are you tired of stepping on Legos all over the house? I am so much so that it inspired me to collect the best ideas for Lego tables with storage that I could find, just to help us all out! These tables help keep the kids creations together safely on a table that was meant for such building.
- Learn How to Make Lego Soap Party Favors your guests will love!
- Do not miss these 6 Lego Party Games and Activities for lots of fun at your next party.
What types of DIY Lego tables are in this post?
- You have got to check out all the great Ikea Lego table hacks – including how to easily turn the Ikea LACK side table and the Ikea Trofast into Lego playing tables as well as coffee tables that turn into Lego tables WITH storage.
- The DIY (Hideaway) Lego Tray and Lego Table for the Floor are great trays for the boys to use on the floor and they can easily be put out of sight when there’s company or its time to clean up.
- There are even plenty of great suggestions for re-purposing older pieces of furniture you’ve already got sitting around – check out the example on how to turn your existing train table into a Lego table as well as how to reuse a coffee table as a rockin’ Lego table.
- If you’re feeling ambitious, there are directions and plans for How to Make a Lego Table out of Wood as well as for a portable Lego creation station.
- For a quick fix, see the examples for using plastic bins.
- The Ultimate Lego Table and DIY Lego Wall Storage are great ideas for sorting Legos in a creative way that double as home decor, at least for a boy’s bedroom
- There’s also great ideas for easily constructed lego tables that offer up plenty of drawer space to store and organize Lego pieces by size or color.
Check out these ideas and get ready to see your floor again!
1. Easiest Ever DIY Lego Play Table :: Chaos and Love
Would you believe you can put together your own DIY Lego play table in a matter of minutes for only about $30? Believe it! This tutorial may be the easiest ever for putting together a Lego table!
2. Lego Playhouse :: IKEA Hackers
Transform some IKEA shelving into an awesome Lego playhouse! This Lego hack is simple and quick!
3. LACK Kids Table for Lego :: IKEA Hackers
Follow this tutorial to add under table Lego storage to an IKEA LACK model kids’ table.
4. DIY (Hideaway) Lego Tray :: Thrifty Decor Chick
If your kids love building with Legos and you love being able to hide the mess, this DIY Lego tray made from wood is a great solution! Your kids can use it to build on, and when finished, it easily slides under a sofa until the next round of building!
5. Lego Storage and Play Table: An Easy IKEA Hack :: That Mommy Blog
This adjustable Lego table with storage is pure genius! The DIY plans utilize the IKEA Trofast storage system and combines popular Lego storage ideas with an adjustable table/shelf that can be used as a building surface! One side is covered with green Lego baseplates, while the other side is left smooth for a more flexible building option (or other use). Bonus: the shelf/table surface is adjustable, so you can raise the height as your child grows!
6. Lego and Car Table :: Meet the Dubiens
This DIY table includes a place to race those cars around the track and build Legos. Plus, it’s sized just right if space is a concern.
7. How to Make a Lego Table out of Wood :: HubPages
If you’re handy with tools and you really like the process of building, this detailed tutorial will walk you through the process of making your own Lego table out of wood from start to finish! While definitely more time consuming, the satisfaction of knowing you handcrafted something that will be enjoyed for years to come, may be worth it!
8. IKEA Hack – DIY Lego Table :: Fancy Ashley
If you’re tired of stepping on Legos and want a place for your children to build and store their Legos, this IKEA hack- DIY Lego table may be the perfect choice! Besides the IKEA Lack table and some various organizational drawers, trays and inserts, the only tools you need are a glue gun and mounting tape! No power tools required!
9. Lego Table for the Floor :: Interior Motive
This awesome Lego table for the floor is mounted to rolling casters and is sized to fit under a bunk bed. The detailed instructions will walk anyone comfortable with power tools and building through the building process.
10. DIY IKEA Trofast Lego Table :: Boxy Colonial
If space is a concern this single IKEA Trofast storage unit Lego table design is a great solution! Assembly is relatively quick and easy!
11. IKEA Side Table to Lego Table :: The Adventures of Mr. No
This IKEA side table turned Lego table hack is inexpensive and simple! It’s the perfect solution for a small space as the tabletop is only slightly bigger than 4 building baseplates. Plus, you only need strong double sided tape and base plates to complete the transformation from constructed side table to Lego table!
12. Lego Table :: Fussy Monkey Business
This Lego building table transforms an old drab piece of furniture into a child’s dream building table! Get inspiration for updating an old piece of furniture into a Lego table!
13. Lego Building Table :: Whatif Workshop
If a tabletop, completely covered in Lego baseplates would excite your Lego-lover, check out this Lego building table! Even the edges have a surface for attaching Legos!
14. How to Make an Easy Lego Table :: The Joys of Boys
If you give a kid some Legos, he/she is going to need a Lego building table to go with it! For those who don’t have room for a permanent Lego table, this easy-to-make table is constructed using a 34” Lifetime fold-in-half table, making it storable and very portable!
15. Lego My Messy Legos :: The Ellis Family
This is a great Lego table and storage solution using the popular IKEA Trofast storage units. While many similar designs feature Lego baseplates that are permanently affixed to the wood table top, this design left the permanent adhesive out of the plans so that the table could be used for other purposes, like playing games, too!
16. DIY Lego Tray :: Jade Louise Designs
Just when you think you’ve seen all of the DIY Lego table ideas, this simple idea surfaces! Would you believe it is made from a wooden breakfast serving tray? This makes it easy to store and transport!
17. Portable Lego Creation Station :: Instructables
This portable Lego creation station is completely handmade and includes a lot of thought! The creator wanted it to be portable, have adequate and organized parts storage for current in-process builds, as well as fast put away storage plus neatly fold up for a more compact, neat look. You’ll be amazed to see the end design which will last for many years as a child grows.
18. DIY Lego Table :: Sun Scholars
Using IKEA Trofast storage units and lidded boxes, this DIY Lego table is great for those seeking a more permanent Lego building and storage solution!
19. Lego Table :: Miss Information
Kids will enjoy hours of Lego building fun on this Lego table created from an IKEA Lack table, building baseplates and under-table storage bins!
20. Portable Lego Kit for Little Travelers :: Mama. Papa. Bubba.
When you are on-the-go or traveling and need a portable Lego kit for your Lego-lover this lunchbox Lego kit is a great solution! Now your kids can enjoy their favorite building blocks on the road!
21. Lego Play table with Storage :: Centsational Girl
This Lego meets IKEA Lack table transformation incorporates Lego road baseplates on top and clear plastic storage bin Lego organization underneath. The end result is awesome and doable by just about anyone!
22. DIY Lego Table :: A Little of This, A Little of That
If you want a Lego table that has both room for building and built in storage, this DIY design is for you! The plans center on an IKEA Ingo table and involve using a drill with a spade bit and a jigsaw to cut out rectangles from the wood table top for inserting IKEA Trofast storage buckets.
23. How to Build a Lego Table :: Kids Activities Blog
Love using power tools and have the necessary skills to build? This Lego table made from modifying an IKEA Vika Imon tabletop and Moliden Underframe is a great project!
24. Plastic Bin Lego Table :: Our Wee Family
The best design feature of this plastic bin Lego table is that it is not permanently fixed together, allowing flexibility in taking it apart or moving it when needed. It is created from three plastic drawer units with wheels, a 4 foot board that lays on top and Lego bases adhered to one side of the board for a building center!
25. Convert Your Train Table into a Lego Table :: I Can Teach My Child
Do you have a train table that your children don’t play with very much? Don’t throw it out just yet! You can convert it into a Lego table that can still function as a train table! Adhering Lego base plates to a piece of MDF cut to fit the inside of your table gives you a removable Lego building surface. How easy is that?
26. The Ultimate Lego Table :: Kojo Designs
Instead of buying a Lego table, build your own for a fraction of the cost! This ultimate Lego table was made by purchasing a basic $8 table from IKEA and gluing Lego base plates to the top surface! But, the fun doesn’t stop there! On one side, hanging buckets were added and a magnetic strip with metal tins was added to the other side for more Lego storage!
27. DIY Lego Wall Storage :: B-Inspired Mama
If space and Lego organization are challenges you face, then this DIY Lego wall storage idea is for you! A simple curtain rod, S hooks and handled pails from the dollar store helped this mom with a great place for her children to store Legos!
28. Coffee Table Reused as a Rockin Lego Table :: Infarrantly Creative
Don’t discount the usefulness of those 1980s Parquet tables just yet! This transformation of a used coffee table into a rockin’ Lego table may just amaze you! A little MDF, some liquid nails and a coat of paint later, and you have one awesome place to build with Legos!
Don’t miss these awesome Lego themed storae ideas perfect for LEGO fanatics gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affilate Links)
- LEGO Storage Brick
- 6 Case Activity Chest with Organizer
- LEGO Storage Head
- LEGO Foldable Storage Play Mat
- LEGO Storage and Sorting Bin
- LEGO Mini Figure Display Case
- LEGO Cinch Bucket
- LEGO Storage and Sorter Organizer Box
- LEGO Storage Brick Multi Pack
Check out more great Lego inspiration perfect for Lego fanatics.
- 10 Lego Storage Ideas You Wish You’d Thought Of
- 18 Lego Hacks We Are Obsessed With
- 19 Lego Building Books Every Kid Will Love
Plus, check out 25 Lego Crafts we are Obsessed With…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week