Party Crafts and DIY
15 Extremely Clever Outdoor Toy Storage Ideas
In our house, outdoor toys are always creeping their way out of the storage bin and across our yard—where they then sit until I trip over them. While my son, Sam, might have a little to do with it, my organizational challenges lead me to believe we simply need a better storage solution for his outdoor toys.
I’ve been researching some of the most organized backyards and found a number of ideas I really like. Some of my favorites include bins that hang off the fence, a parking garage for ride-on toys, really cool pool toy storage, pegboard storage for the garage wall and clever ideas to keep the sandbox organized.
Now I just need to decide what’s the best solution for our family!
- Check out these 19 Great Summer Crafts for Kids to keep kids busy all summer long.
- Kids will never be bored with these 21 Fun Things to do with Kids this Summer.
1. Outdoor Toy Bins :: Vegas Mother Runner
These Outdoor Toy Bins are a great way to organize toys, and are fantastic for the porch. The chalkboard labels are a great design feature, as they look good and can be easily changed.
2. Covered Kiddie Parking Garage :: Mom Endeavors |
This Covered Kiddie Parking Garage is a great way to keep your kids’ toys out of your yard and packed way, but it’s also a great way to protect them from the sun, making them last longer. Win-win!
3. DIY Outdoor Toy Storage Strategies :: Life Your Way
Here are six great ideas and tips for DIY Outdoor Storage Strategies — my personal favorite idea is the hanging milk crates. It’s simple, cheap, and easy for kids to use.
4. Outdoor Toy Caddies :: Momnivores
These Outdoor Toy Caddies are the perfect outdoor toy storage idea, especially if your kids are just learning to read. It’s a great way for your kids to practice reading and cleaning up and organizing at the same time.
5. Toy Parking Lot :: Useful Beautiful Home via Organizing
Junkie Another great outdoor toy storage idea for the porch. The Toy Parking Lot is a great way to teach your kids organizational skills at a young age, which will serve them well into adulthood.
6. Large Toy Storage Bins
These Large Toy Storage Bins are great for really outdoorsy kids who have lots of outdoor equipment and toys.
7. DIY Rolling Storage Cart :: Shanty 2 Chic
Perfect for all you DIY-ers, this Rolling Storage Cart is great for all kinds of outdoor toys, and you can customize it to suit your own storage needs.
8. All Access Toy Storage :: It’s Overflowing
This is a great outdoor toy storage option for the not so DIY savvy. It’s great for sports equipment, and is perfect for kids, as they can see what’s in the boxes without opening them.
9. DIY Pool Towel and Toy Racks :: Living Savvy Blog
This is an awesome summer hack, and will make poolside organization a whole lot easier. This DIY Pool Towel and Toy Rack won’t require many DIY skills, and I’ll definitely be looking into this one.
10. Garage Organization :: Place of My Taste
This is another idea for storing all your kids’ cars, bikes, etc. in your garage, integrating them into a larger, awesome garage storage and organization plan. This is the perfect thing if you’re trying to get a handle on a mess of a garage.
11. Bungee Cord Ball Storage :: 100 Things 2 Do
This Bungee Cord Ball Storage is a fantastic way to keep organized if you have a sporty family, and it’s seriously cheap and easy to install. This only cost Shelly from 100 Things 2 Do $2, which is absolutely mind blowing
12. Toy Storage Behind Garage Door :: I Heart Organizing
Have some unused space in your garage behind the garage door? Here’s what to do with it — install these amazing shelving units, and kiss your outdoor toy clutter goodbye.
13. Sandbox Toy Organization :: Happy Hooligans
There are so many great ideas for Sandbox Toy Organization and sandbox play ideas here, but my favorite is the idea of using old metal planters as storage containers for the sandbox toys.
14. Fence Toy Storage :: La Silla Turquesa
This is a wonderful way to keep outdoor toys stored and organized. Attach some bright and colorful hooks to your fence and hang plastic baskets from them. Make sure that they’re at a height that your kids can reach though, otherwise you’ll be stuck doing the cleaning up yourself!
15. DIY Pegboard Storage :: The Creativity Exchange
This is an amazingly versatile storage system. You can decorate your pegboards with whatever colors you’d like, and organize your outdoor toys to suit your needs.
Keep your outdoor toys organized with these great storage ideas gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Outdoor Folding Storage Bucket
- Deck Box with Wheels
- Garage Ball Storage Rack
- Collaspible Storage Bin
- Outdoor Pool Toy Storage
- Outdoor Utility Wagon
- Round Outdoor Storage Table
- Outdoor Bike Storage
- Outdoor Sports Equipment Storage
- Small Outdoor Ball and Pool Toy Bin
Check out more great ideas perfect for summer.
- 10 Lego Storage Ideas You Wish You’d Thought Of
- 18 Awesome Summer Toys
- 15 Summer Must Haves for Families who have Kids
Plus, don’t miss 10 Clever Toy Storage Ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week